Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Not looking for a job? Tell us about your ideal job,
and we'll only contact you when it opens up.
https://www.dwsimpson.com/register

Old 02-13-2020, 01:54 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redearedslider View Post
No xbox and for whatever reason Fallout games never stuck with me so I'll take a shot at Borderlands 3. Thanks!
I found Outer Worlds to be a lot less like Fallout and a lot more like Mass Effect. Better story, your choices make a difference to the ending, companions are important, very flexible play style.

Obsidian made Fallout New Vegas... which I think was the best of them. People who preferred Fallout 3 or Fallout 4 will probably like Outer Worlds less than I did.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:56 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Bourbon

I forgot how much fun Prey is. I think I'm probably about 75% through, but I've been doing a lot of random exploring - I've found most of the crew members, except for those on the Bridge (haven't gone there yet) and a few people floating in space. I've played this instance with no typhon powers at all - not even mimic. I'm planning to replay it when I'm done, and go almost all typhon powers, see how different it is.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:09 AM
CAS

Been playing Resident Evil 7, scary as all hell. I love it. But question! Spoilered for spoilers.
Spoiler:
I finished everything at the Baker's, gave the serum to Mia, and escaped on the little boat. I got to the big boat, was given control of Mia and wandered through assuming it was just a quick epilogue. I got all the way through the video tape, which turned the game into a run-and-gun shoot-em-up and felt incredibly out of place. After coming out of the tape I picked up a map and realized the boat is damned enormous, like the size of the main baker house. At this point I'd played 2 hours longer than intended because I thought it was ending. I finally gave up and went to bed feeling blue-balled.

How much longer is the game? Like it lived up to all the hype right up until this section in the boat. This feels like a huge misstep given how atmospheric and tense the rest of the game has been.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:14 AM
CAS

Please no spoilers, just wondering if I'm close to the end at all. I haven't looked up anything while playing. Been enjoying using the psychostimulants to find items and secrets and accepting my own missteps because reacting to unexpected circumstances while trying to survive has been a lot of fun.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:44 AM
CAS

Free games on Epic available to purchase through Thursday are Kingdom Come: Deliverance & Aztez.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 02-14-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poley McPoleface View Post
Please no spoilers, just wondering if I'm close to the end at all. I haven't looked up anything while playing. Been enjoying using the psychostimulants to find items and secrets and accepting my own missteps because reacting to unexpected circumstances while trying to survive has been a lot of fun.
I mean, you're close to the end in that you're at the place you are. But there's even some game after the place you are (I just can't remember how much, but it isn't much). The part you are in isn't as big as the part you noted you finished and thought you were almost done, but it does have some heft to it. So, on a first play through, if I'm remembering and understanding where you are, there's somewhere between 1-3 hours left.

I hope that was vague enough, but made sense.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:44 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I mean, you're close to the end in that you're at the place you are. But there's even some game after the place you are (I just can't remember how much, but it isn't much). The part you are in isn't as big as the part you noted you finished and thought you were almost done, but it does have some heft to it. So, on a first play through, if I'm remembering and understanding where you are, there's somewhere between 1-3 hours left.

I hope that was vague enough, but made sense.
Yep that made sense to me. I was trying to finish before this weekend as I won't have the chance to play for awhile. Don't want to come back in a week to find I was 15 minutes from the end.

This section really threw my timing off.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:15 PM
SOA

Hit one of my long time goals in Rocket League earlier this week by reaching Grand Champion rank in the extra mode Dropshot. I enjoy the game mode quite a bit which did help, but the games are very intense and really push my abilities constantly. I've played many, many games of dropshot in the last year and it was extremely satisfying to hit a "reach" goal like that one was for me after failing to hit it in past seasons. Now holding Grand Champ in all the extra modes as well as normal 2s and 3s!
Old 02-20-2020, 08:30 AM

Finished Onimusha: Warlords. That was a lot of fun! Game Time clock was under 3 hours, but I think it works like most Capcom games and doesn't include time watching cutscenes. Still, playing a less than 5 hour game was fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poley McPoleface View Post
Yep that made sense to me. I was trying to finish before this weekend as I won't have the chance to play for awhile. Don't want to come back in a week to find I was 15 minutes from the end.

This section really threw my timing off.
Did you finish RE7 yet?
Old 02-20-2020, 12:06 PM

Studying for life
Favorite beer: Six Point Resin

Been playing "Snack World The Dungeon Crawl GOLD" on Switch lately. It's a weird game. If anyone else is playing it, hit me up.
Retracted below.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one