Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 1-5
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 10-02-2017, 10:41 PM
SOA

College: University of Delaware Alumna
Default Problems Accessing IA

I've submitted EOM 4 and am awaiting grading, but I wanted to get started on the IA. I signed up, but can't seem to access it. Anyone else have this problem? I've emailed the ELearn tech desk and it's taking forever to get any answers!!

Current experiment - Which is harder: raising twin boys or taking exams?

Old 10-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenBatt13 View Post
I've submitted EOM 4 and am awaiting grading, but I wanted to get started on the IA. I signed up, but can't seem to access it. Anyone else have this problem? I've emailed the ELearn tech desk and it's taking forever to get any answers!!
Did you complete module 5? Pretty sure you have to do that first.
Spoiler:
Old 10-03-2017, 03:08 PM
SOA

I've gone through all the slides and taken the EOM test. Is there anything else to do to "complete" it?

Old 10-03-2017, 03:10 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
I've gone through all the slides and taken the EOM test. Is there anything else to do to "complete" it?
Oh, not sure. I'm currently on module 5. Maybe someone else can answer.
Spoiler:
Old 10-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Non-Actuary

Studying for ERM
College: FSU

I don't think so, but it should say the IA is ready for purchase. I'm trying to remember the process for the IA. I didn't really run into issues. I feel like there was something to click when you load the IA learning environment. I assume you paid the IA fee?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:34 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for nothing!

Just to confirm, you:

- submitted EOMs 1-4 and self-assessed as MMR
- completed Module 5 so that its status says "Completed" when you look at your learning summary
- mailed or faxed the paper registration form for the IA [or registered online using the link at the end of Module 5], paid the $600 fee, and received an email from customerservice@soa.org confirming that "Your application for the Interim Assessment has been processed"
- can see "FAP Interim Assessment" and "FAP Modules 1-8" under "Your active exam(s) and e-Learning" upon logging into your SOA account and clicking "My Education and Exams", but there's no clickable "Access" link next to the IA item? [note I always go through soa.org to get to the elearning site. For some reason, I never go directly to learning.soa.org]

Last edited by CrispyCobb; 10-03-2017 at 03:39 PM..
Old 10-03-2017, 04:11 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCobb View Post
Just to confirm, you:

- submitted EOMs 1-4 and self-assessed as MMR
- completed Module 5 so that its status says "Completed" when you look at your learning summary
- mailed or faxed the paper registration form for the IA [or registered online using the link at the end of Module 5], paid the $600 fee, and received an email from customerservice@soa.org confirming that "Your application for the Interim Assessment has been processed"
- can see "FAP Interim Assessment" and "FAP Modules 1-8" under "Your active exam(s) and e-Learning" upon logging into your SOA account and clicking "My Education and Exams", but there's no clickable "Access" link next to the IA item? [note I always go through soa.org to get to the elearning site. For some reason, I never go directly to learning.soa.org]
Yes.

Not sure where I see the Learning summary. In the very beginning when I sign in I see the "Available Products" and "Fundamentals of Actuarial Practice 3.0 1-8" says In Progress.

Purchased the IA online. I never received an email with confirmation, but I do see the receipt on my transcripts page and if I try and buy it again there is a notice that I already purchased that item.

I do have an Access link on the SOA site, but when I click on it it just takes me to the homepage of the eLearn site. There I can see the "FAP 3.0 Interim Assessment" on the Available Products section, but there is no Action link.

I've emailed the eLearn email address listed for any problems, but it's been over a week now and they have no solution. I've emailed them every day for the past week and they can't give me any news. It's very frustrating that my time is ticking, but they aren't letting me access anything.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:16 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Yes.

Not sure where I see the Learning summary. In the very beginning when I sign in I see the "Available Products" and "Fundamentals of Actuarial Practice 3.0 1-8" says In Progress.

Purchased the IA online. I never received an email with confirmation, but I do see the receipt on my transcripts page and if I try and buy it again there is a notice that I already purchased that item.

I do have an Access link on the SOA site, but when I click on it it just takes me to the homepage of the eLearn site. There I can see the "FAP 3.0 Interim Assessment" on the Available Products section, but there is no Action link.

I've emailed the eLearn email address listed for any problems, but it's been over a week now and they have no solution. I've emailed them every day for the past week and they can't give me any news. It's very frustrating that my time is ticking, but they aren't letting me access anything.
okay, that's just ridiculous. this is the type of thing that needs to be resolved within the day or even hour, not weeks.
Spoiler:
Old 10-03-2017, 04:29 PM
SOA

Studying for the hell of it...
College: AASU
Favorite beer: This one...

Quote:
Yes.

It is a waste of time, but if by "my time is ticking" you mean your submission deadline for the IA, it won't start until you actually get to the file download screen.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:34 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for nothing!

Oy, that's frustrating, I'm sorry. Have you tried calling SOA's customer service? 888 697 3900. It's not necessarily elearn, but maybe they can put you in touch with someone at elearn.