Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > General Actuarial
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

General Actuarial Non-Specific Actuarial Topics - Before posting a thread, please browse over our other sections to see if there is a better fit, such as Careers - Employment, Actuarial Science Universities Forum or any of our other 100+ forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Claw View Post
Trying to create drama where none exists.
That's the insult I was referring to.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:08 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost_there View Post
If you failed an exam and they failed to show you your marks, given that disclosing them is a legal requirement, wouldn't you be unhappy?
You might want to re-read that Act. They aren't required to show you your marks. They're required to show you the marks they keep. Marks they don't keep aren't "records" under the Act. And scripts, marked-up or not, are exempted altogether under Schedule 7, paragraph 9.

If all they keep is "passed/failed", they've given you all they have kept, which is all they're required to do.

"I guess I just have a lower prior-expectation of humanity than you folks. You win for optimism, but I win for accuracy."
--Pseudolus

"I wonder if there's a lower bound on how dumb the internet can get. We gotta be getting close, right?"
--Mother of DragQueens

Last edited by Enough Exams Already; 06-21-2018 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: Changed "8" for "9"
Old 06-21-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough Exams Already View Post
You might want to re-read that Act. They aren't required to show you your marks.
Incorrect.

Quote:
They're required to show you the marks they keep.
Who's marks? Are you saying they didn't have anyone's marks 3 days after the exam results - where's your evidence of that? Please refer to the exam process documentation you are alluding to. It wouldn't make sense- you may not realise that after the publication of exam result that students can lodge an exam appeal within 10 days.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:32 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost_there View Post
Incorrect.

Who's marks? Are you saying they didn't have anyone's marks 3 days after the exam results - where's your evidence of that? Please refer to the exam process documentation you are alluding to. It wouldn't make sense- you may not realise that after the publication of exam result that students can lodge an exam appeal within 10 days.
And you have shown no evidence that they have any records other than exam scripts and the "passed/failed" mark. The former you're not entitled to; the latter they sent you already.

You haven't established in your complaint--given how butthurt you are, I'm going to assume you're the aggrieved exam failer--that they have any other records.

You've simply claimed that they "must" have a marks analysis; you've not presented evidence that they do. "It would make sense" is not evidence that they have anything other than "passed/failed" to send you.

Where's your evidence that they have anything else to send you?

"I guess I just have a lower prior-expectation of humanity than you folks. You win for optimism, but I win for accuracy."
--Pseudolus

"I wonder if there's a lower bound on how dumb the internet can get. We gotta be getting close, right?"
--Mother of DragQueens
Old 06-21-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough Exams Already View Post
And you have shown no evidence that they have any records other than exam scripts and the "passed/failed" mark.
Why do you come here posting ignorant comments and accusations, then get angry when you get corrected? It's quite easy - marks are compared to pass mark to determine pass or a fail grade. Get it? Before commenting on whether an exam process has been carried out appropriately it would be a rather good idea to understand what it is first.

Last edited by almost_there; 06-21-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Old 06-21-2018, 05:24 PM

What a day. Summary?
OP posts the long awaited revelations - long and confusing
AO summarises - more coherent order of events and questions info missing
Lots of other questions from all
OP and new friend AT question everyone's sanity
OP and AT criticise questioning - get the irony?
Everyone falls out - and no conclusions drawn.

If this claim has reached its conclusion then what was the result? What happened to the marks breakdown? did they get lost? Is the claimant now able to retire a millionaire?

If it hasn't, then is it wise publishing the document whilst the claim is being considered - or does that not matter as not in a court?

Enjoy the soccer!!
M

Last edited by muppet; 06-22-2018 at 11:18 AM..
Old 06-21-2018, 09:09 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoanonstop View Post
Where is jas at when you need him? That would make this a 5 star thread.

-Riley
are you certain he isn't already here?
Old 06-21-2018, 09:26 PM
SOA

Studying for G&H Core

So OP and AT are the same person right?
Old 06-22-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spectacular View Post
So OP and AT are the same person right?
I don't think so. One is probably the claimant and the other an acquaintance. The tone of their posts is different (I think).
Old 06-22-2018, 03:29 AM

Favorite beer: the closest one

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet View Post
I don't think so. One is probably the claimant and the other an acquaintance. The tone of their posts is different (I think).
We have the OP, AT, and the claimant. I'm entirely sure these aren't three different people, am undecided on whether they are 1 or 2 though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the North View Post
Excel gave me #VALUE.

Edit: Nevermind, I was linking a sumif and didn't open the linked spreadsheet. It is now giving me #N/A.
Closed Thread

Tags
acted, britain, ehrc, ifoa, racism, victimisation