Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Batch Brewing

Whelp, glad I didn't buy Soul Sacrifice. (didn't think the demo was that great anyway)
Old 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVLCIV View Post
Which? (feel free to spoiler or PM).

I think I'm ahead of you, but I haven't played in two weeks (baseball playoffs ))
Spoiler:
Scene at the CIA laboratory where they opened the rift to the other dimension. As cheesy as that sounds, I thought it was done pretty damned well and wasn't something I expected.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:58 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Spoiler:
Scene at the CIA laboratory where they opened the rift to the other dimension. As cheesy as that sounds, I thought it was done pretty damned well and wasn't something I expected.
That was awesome. Very suspenseful, too. There are some good scenes in this game, but I'm a bit ambivalent about the jumping around.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVLCIV View Post
Which? (feel free to spoiler or PM).

I think I'm ahead of you, but I haven't played in two weeks (baseball playoffs ))
Congrats on the Sox big win!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:53 PM
SOA

>IgnoreList
IgnoreList = N/A
>Add IgnoreList SharksFan08
IgnoreList = SharksFan08

Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aWrjuBo70o

Is it possible XBONE interface works this smoothly (or close to this)? If it comes close to this, it's pretty impressive. I imagine a lot of loading/transitions were cut in order to make the marketing video more compact.
I don't know. The video had a pop up about Titanfall being ready (either put in a game or the game downloaded) then suddenly they were running once it loaded. That seems fishy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInTexas View Post
Same here, guess they got their controllers and decided to ship them out rather than having them take up space in their warehouses. My order also shows Fifa 14 is supposed to arrive before the release date.
I've heard that the only thing street dated to Nov 15 is the PS4 itself. The games and controllers are just released as ready.
Quote:
I started playing Beyond Two Souls. I just finished CIA training. So far - the jumping in the timeline doesn't seem to benefit the story and is making it hard to really get sucked in (I know I'm still early in the game though).
I rented that after I finished my exam yesterday. I played about 4 hours worth. It's good so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
So, if I were going to get one PS3 game end of this year, would you recommend Beyond Two Souls, or The Last of Us? I haven't really been keeping up with peoples opinions on them. They both are good, right? Any other unique PS3 games I should consider?

(also, I have to get Gran Turismo 6)
Last of Us. Beyond is good, but Last of Us has been better so far (plus I can't imagine there's much replayability to Beyond).

Quote:
Spoiler:
That was a good one. I agree that I'm not a huge fan with the jumping around. So far, my favorite segment has been:
Spoiler:
Homeless
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 AM

I also registered my PS+ membership, bought Lone Survivor and Downloaded Hotline Miami. Looking forward to playing them once I finish Beyond: Two Souls.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:21 AM

The out of orderness of Beyond REALLY pays off in the "Night Session" chapter.

Spoiler:
Just played it, it has me in tears, but I don't know if it would if it had come in order.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:14 AM
SOA

Just watched GameTrailers' Top 10 FF Characters Video. Made me nostalgic for these games all over again. Hell, I didn't like FF12, but seeing scenes from it in the video made me remember how nice that game looked.

Here's the list:
10. Sephiroth (FF7)
9. Cid (many)
8. Auron (FF10)
7. Cecil (FF4)
6. Zack (FF7 / Crisis Core)
5. Rydia (FF4)
4. Balthier (FF12)
3. Celes (FF6)
2. Vivi (FF9)
1. Kefka (FF6)

The video's misdirection before showing #1 was great imo. They showed Cloud as a tease, because a lot of people would expect Cloud on this list, and then they dub over him Kefka's laugh.

While my list would be different (and I'd have to give it some though), I love that my fav (FF4) is represented twice, and that even though FF7 is represented twice, they excluded the Cloud in exchange for Zack (Crisis Core is probably the best FF game produced since FF10...a shame it had to be on a handheld not a lot of people owned).
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: the one you're buying me

I always liked Vivi.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one