Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Open Job Listings > Actuarial Jobs - Careers - Health / Health & Welfare
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 02-14-2012, 06:06 PM
SOA AAA

College: Western Washington, Colorado-Boulder
Default Milliman Denver - seeking actuarial students

Graduating Students

Begin your Actuarial Career with the Denver Health Practice of Milliman!

Milliman is the country’s most prestigious actuarial consulting firm and has offices worldwide. Milliman is divided into four main practice areas – Health, Employee Benefits, Casualty, and Life. All of our practices are owned by the local Principals who manage them. You can find more about Milliman at www.Milliman.com.

The Denver Health Practice of Milliman is a growing practice with a wide variety of specialty niche areas, which means that we always have a broad range of work and challenges. Our goal is to be recognized as top consultants in each niche specialty, and our work typically involves the analysis of the financial risks and projections associated with healthcare and healthcare management.

The salary potential at the Denver Health Practice is virtually unlimited because individuals are paid based upon their contribution to the organization. We work closely with our staff to assist and support them in passing actuarial exams and they receive generous raises for passing. Everyone is heavily involved as we stake out new areas of business. We work hard, are always challenging ourselves to go beyond the usual, and have a lot of fun!

The successful candidate will possess extraordinary computer, technical, communication, interpersonal skills, and be self-motivated and driven to achieve. If this sounds like your kind of place, we want to hear from you!

To apply, please forward your cover letter, resume, and current actuarial exam status* to:

Denv.Health@Milliman.com
Milliman Denver Health Practice
1400 Wewatta Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202

*Applicants are required to have passed at least 1 exam offered by the Society of Actuaries.

Electronic applications are preferred.

Equal Opportunity Employer
The opinions of Doctor No do not necessarily represent the opinions of mathematicians or consulting actuaries. Facts cited by Doctor No are not necessarily facts. Find me on Twitter: @NorrisDoug. If you send me a LinkedIn invitation, please let me know who you are (unless it's obvious how I know you).
Old 02-14-2012, 06:06 PM
SOA AAA

Also, feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks!
The opinions of Doctor No do not necessarily represent the opinions of mathematicians or consulting actuaries. Facts cited by Doctor No are not necessarily facts. Find me on Twitter: @NorrisDoug. If you send me a LinkedIn invitation, please let me know who you are (unless it's obvious how I know you).
Old 02-15-2012, 02:36 PM
SOA AAA

A few people have asked - although the job posting starts with "Graduating Students", we would also consider career changers, or people who are already employed as actuaries elsewhere.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
SOA AAA

Quick note - we've got a lot going on these days, and consequently, we're still hiring.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 PM
SOA AAA

We're still looking for interns (both summer and off-term), and students up through FSA. Exciting times in healthcare!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:29 PM
CAS SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNo View Post
Also, feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks!
Hello,

I am interested in this internship or entry-level job. I am a M.S. in Actuarial Science candidate and will graduate in May 2013. My actuarial exam status is shown in my signiture under each of my posts. Will you recruit candidates through universities? I have an electronic resume with me now, but I need to know more details about specific job expectation, software knowledge and level requirements to write a cover letter.

Thank you.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: La-goo-nee-tas

Change Denver to Seattle
Old 08-18-2012, 07:35 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLYLOL View Post
Change Denver to Seattle
It's easy to contact the Seattle actuaries for milliman. It's probably easier to contact them directly, or heck, walk into their office in downtown seattle and drop off your resume.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:28 AM
SOA

No offices in Montreal?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM
SOA AAA

Hi all - I've been informed that we are no longer searching for actuarial students.

I'll post an update here when that changes.