Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Short-Term Actuarial Math
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Short-Term Actuarial Math Old Exam C Forum

Old 11-14-2017, 12:16 PM
CAS

Default Mahler Study Guide, Practice Exams

The new editions of my Study Guides, Practice Exams, and Seminar Slides are available from the Actuarial Bookstore and Actex / Mad River Books.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf DescriptionExamCPracExams.pdf (29.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: pdf DescriptionSlidesC.pdf (23.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: pdf DescriptionMahlerGuidesExamC.pdf (34.0 KB, 100 views)
Old 11-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Mahler View Post
The new editions of my Study Guides, Practice Exams, and Seminar Slides are available from the Actuarial Bookstore and Actex / Mad River Books.
Hi Mr. Mahler.

I am interested to buy your practice exams. I understand that there are some restrictions on printing - only being able to print two copies etc. and from the first machine I install them to.

Are there any test documents that we can try? I mean just pages of random text etc. I don't have a printer at home and so would need to try to print them at work. My own laptop is a Linux machine anyway. From the actuarial bookstore site it says I need some Windows desktop app to print. I won't know whether I can install that at work until I try. I don't want to try on a work computer, then find out that I can't print from there and I've used up the single registration or whatever. If there was a test file then we could try it and know in advance what will and won't work. I much prefer printing and binding the material as I find it difficult to concentrate on a screen

Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2017, 10:45 AM
CAS

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to these questions.
I suggest you contact the bookstore.
It is a good idea for the bookstore to create a test sample to try to print, perhaps off of the sample for some product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcd View Post
Hi Mr. Mahler.

I am interested to buy your practice exams. I understand that there are some restrictions on printing - only being able to print two copies etc. and from the first machine I install them to.

Are there any test documents that we can try? I mean just pages of random text etc. I don't have a printer at home and so would need to try to print them at work. My own laptop is a Linux machine anyway. From the actuarial bookstore site it says I need some Windows desktop app to print. I won't know whether I can install that at work until I try. I don't want to try on a work computer, then find out that I can't print from there and I've used up the single registration or whatever. If there was a test file then we could try it and know in advance what will and won't work. I much prefer printing and binding the material as I find it difficult to concentrate on a screen

Thanks in advance
Old 12-18-2017, 02:53 AM
CAS SOA

Studying for Predictive Analytics& FAP
College: Roosevelt University Alumnus '10
Favorite beer: Jawa Juice

I've been using these materials and feel they're better than all other manuals and PEs
Advanced:FAP, PA
Seminar: APC

Last edited by dkamka; 01-08-2018 at 04:00 AM..