Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Long-Term Actuarial Math
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson
Actuarial Jobs

Visit our site for the most up to date jobs for actuaries.

Actuarial Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Health, Life, Pension and Non-Tradtional Jobs.

Actuarial Meeting Schedule
Browse this year's meetings and which recruiters will attend.

Contact DW Simpson
Have a question?
Let's talk.
You'll be glad you did.

Long-Term Actuarial Math Old Exam MLC Forum

Old 10-27-2017, 09:27 PM
SOA

Studying for C

On 13 I backed out the first year expected DB from the net premium then just multiplied by the number of survivors.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:29 PM
SOA

Studying for C

Quote:
Originally Posted by realCurious View Post
I think I did 1.5*AV since they asked what's the increase in death benefits. I spend quite some time on this question, but I am still not very confident.
They asked for the increase or the ADB? I thought t was he ADB.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:35 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthHoncho View Post
They asked for the increase or the ADB? I thought t was he ADB.
they asked for ADB.
I got an answer, did ADB as 1.5AV6 then foudn AV6 and x1.5 to get an answer
Old 10-27-2017, 09:44 PM
SOA

When I left the exam I felt good on about 17 of the questions; of those and based on the early results I think I can feel good on about 15 of those (2 unfortunately I guess I wasn't thinking straight even thought I was sure I was calculating correctly).

For the three I didn't feel good about one of them was purely a wild guess and I throwing any hope that I guessed correctly. The other two I grinded it out think I finally reached one of the answer choices, but based on the results I can see I might not have been the only one challenged by them as there is no clear top pick; my answer choices are one of the two - so I will hold on to the hope that maybe they're right.

I am curious, however (and unless I was the only one who didn't understand it), if on #19 people just chose choice C because they hadn't bubbled in C for a while... again throwing that one out.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:48 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo99 View Post
I did this too, but my answer was a few thousand away from the closest choice. Does anyone remember which question number was the one asking for probability?
i dont know, i got an answer so... unless its a total red herring. i remembr i was missing something for awhile and it took me a few minutes to figure it out. ibut once i fixedthat i got an answer

i dont know how you guys remember your answers though lmao.. or the questions.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:49 PM
SOA

Quote:
I did this too, but my answer was a few thousand away from the closest choice. Does anyone remember which question number was the one asking for probability?
Probability of what?
Old 10-27-2017, 09:49 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngxxx081 View Post
When I left the exam I felt good on about 17 of the questions; of those and based on the early results I think I can feel good on about 15 of those (2 unfortunately I guess I wasn't thinking straight even thought I was sure I was calculating correctly).

For the three I didn't feel good about one of them was purely a wild guess and I throwing any hope that I guessed correctly. The other two I grinded it out think I finally reached one of the answer choices, but based on the results I can see I might not have been the only one challenged by them as there is no clear top pick; my answer choices are one of the two - so I will hold on to the hope that maybe they're right.

I am curious, however (and unless I was the only one who didn't understand it), if on #19 people just chose choice C because they hadn't bubbled in C for a while... again throwing that one out.
yes. LOL. also i had no clue what it was asking and had to get on with the exam.

picking c for no random reason also applied for 11.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:51 PM
SOA

Quote:
Do you remember what answer you put for that one?
E). whatever E was.

i only remember cus i wasted sO much time on this one.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:52 PM
SOA

College: Providence College

I got 19 on the first run through; doesn't guarantee that I got it right, just that I didn't guess.

The only two that aren't looking good for me are the two toss-ups, 13 (cash flow) and 17 (UL). I guessed on 13 but initially felt pretty good on 17, but now I'm questioning whether I made a mistake there.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:52 PM
SOA

Quote:
There were 1000 lives, and it was asking for the probability or percentile of something, don't recall. Answer choices were 14% to 16%
the answers were too close together to remember this. i dont think i put A, E, or D though... dont quote me on that. i do remember being definitley confidentin that answer though