Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Individual Life and Annuities Track > Life Pricing Exam
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Life Pricing Exam Old Individual Life & Annuities Design and Pricing Forum

Old 01-12-2020, 01:59 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatIt View Post
Passed with PAK. Thanks!
Congratulations!!! Happy for you!

www.pakstudymanual.com
PAK Study Manual Packages/Seminars for LFM-US / LFM-CA / LPM / LAM / GH SPC Fall 2020

LPM: Sample
LFM U.S.: Sample
LFM Canada: Sample
LAM: Sample
GH SPC: Sample

Should you have any questions, please send us an email.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:56 AM
SOA

Studying for how to find a job

Wow I passed with an 8 when I was expecting a 6 since there were so many points that I was uncertain about. Thanks again Eddie and TIA!
Old 01-13-2020, 09:12 AM
Eddie Smith
SOA

College: UGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersunnyd View Post
Wow I passed with an 8 when I was expecting a 6 since there were so many points that I was uncertain about. Thanks again Eddie and TIA!
You're very welcome! 8 is a tremendous score!

We have your exam covered:

LPM | LFMU | LFMC | LAM | ERM | QFI Quant | QFI PM | QFI IRM | G&H DP | G&H FV | G&H Sp

Check out our Technical Skills Course and our R Course!

Connect on Twitter, Facebook, & LinkedIn
Old 01-13-2020, 09:14 AM
Eddie Smith
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpow05 View Post
Thank you Eddie!! See you all in the LFM!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jts75 View Post
Passed!!! Thank you Eddie and TIA!

I as well didn't use any of the study notes, solely the videos and detailed study manual, and felt more than prepared walking into the exam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalengr View Post
Passed ! TIA. Only watching videos (not even detailed study manual), drill problems, and some past exams. Felt totally prepared.
Thanks guys!

I have to say last year was a tough year to rebuild after the major LPM changes and I wasn't even totally sure we could pull it off when I first saw the new syllabus. However, pull it off we did, and all the positive feedback we've gotten has made it totally worth it.

LPM | LFMU | LFMC | LAM | ERM | QFI Quant | QFI PM | QFI IRM | G&H DP | G&H FV | G&H Sp

Old 01-17-2020, 05:03 PM
SOA

Passing rates have been released. The effective passing rate of 45% seems to be a bit on the low side

https://www.soa.org/education/genera...esults-detail/

www.pakstudymanual.com
PAK Study Manual Packages/Seminars for LFM-US / LFM-CA / LPM / LAM / GH SPC Fall 2020

Old 01-20-2020, 03:23 PM
SOA

College: University of Waterloo
Default Passed

Resisted to check the results as I was honeymoon.

Came back last night, checked and I passed. Thank you TIA and Eddie. I got a 7. That is exactly 1 more than I needed. I didn't even buy any text books or SOA study notes. Watched the videos twice and reviewed using the slides weeks before exams (again and again).

Onto LFMC. Though I am sad, videos are not by Eddie. I kind of got used to that calming voice.
FAP e-Learning Course: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | IA | 6 | 7 | 8 | FA
APC

FSA:
Exams: ILALPM ILA LFM-C ERM GC
Module: ERM Module
Old 01-22-2020, 11:16 AM
Eddie Smith
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
Resisted to check the results as I was honeymoon.

Came back last night, checked and I passed. Thank you TIA and Eddie. I got a 7. That is exactly 1 more than I needed. I didn't even buy any text books or SOA study notes. Watched the videos twice and reviewed using the slides weeks before exams (again and again).

Onto LFMC. Though I am sad, videos are not by Eddie. I kind of got used to that calming voice.
Congrats and thanks for the kind words! BTW, I do have a lot of videos in the LFMC course as well. Peter Chong helps me co-instruct that exam, and he generally covers Canadian-specific topics that don't overlap with the LFMU syllabus. Good luck!

Old 02-05-2020, 11:20 AM
SOA

FYI - The solutions for Fall 2019 exams have been posted

https://www.soa.org/education/exam-r...e-choice-exam/

www.pakstudymanual.com

Old 03-20-2020, 05:43 PM

To anyone who is aiming to get the FSA designation by the July 2022 deadline to avoid taking the new predictive analytics exam:

As you guys know, the SOA is delaying the Spring 2020 exams to unknown future dates which means some spring 2020 candidates may be forced to cancel (e.g. due to conflicts with other plans already made in advance) and may not be able to take the exam until Fall 2020. Also, the delayed Spring 2020 exam may put people in a tough spot if they want to prepare for another exam in Fall 2020 but are waiting for the results.

Because of this delay and distortions caused to the exam plans, I think it would be unfair to keep to original July 2022 deadline. I'll e-mail the SOA to ask for an extension. If you are on the same boat, I urge you to do the same so that the SOA is aware of the situation and potential impacts.

If enough people e-mail the SOA, I'm sure they'll take the impact of this delay into consideration.

Last edited by 777888; 03-20-2020 at 05:50 PM..
Old 06-01-2020, 10:00 PM
SOA

Studying for ILA Life Product Mmgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777888 View Post
To anyone who is aiming to get the FSA designation by the July 2022 deadline to avoid taking the new predictive analytics exam:

As you guys know, the SOA is delaying the Spring 2020 exams to unknown future dates which means some spring 2020 candidates may be forced to cancel (e.g. due to conflicts with other plans already made in advance) and may not be able to take the exam until Fall 2020. Also, the delayed Spring 2020 exam may put people in a tough spot if they want to prepare for another exam in Fall 2020 but are waiting for the results.

Because of this delay and distortions caused to the exam plans, I think it would be unfair to keep to original July 2022 deadline. I'll e-mail the SOA to ask for an extension. If you are on the same boat, I urge you to do the same so that the SOA is aware of the situation and potential impacts.

If enough people e-mail the SOA, I'm sure they'll take the impact of this delay into consideration.
I agree 777888. I am also aiming to make the July 1, 2022 FSA transition deadline. I will email the SOA about this.
DMAC | FAC