Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 12-20-2019, 12:45 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: Early and Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
I thought I was very clearly hyperdramatic in my faux ragefests. I don’t have the energy to care about high school-esque popularity contests. My brand is pretty clearly contrarian.

Doesn’t seem like we “get” each other, TDA. Which is fine. Most people don’t get me.
Relax, i assumed you were joking. No semi-functional adult would gaf about something like that.
I think the dollar will crash irreparably by 2012.... bottom drops out of the dollar. ....Dollars are worthless, 401ks are bust, the markets are valueless...government assumes control over all industry and everything is nationalized by the end of 2012. - gomer_tree
Old 12-20-2019, 12:46 PM
SOA

Studying for a hobby.
Favorite beer: Guinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Actuary View Post
Relax, i assumed you were joking. No semi-functional adult would gaf about something like that.
Well the jokeís on you, because Iím no semi-functioning adult.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:47 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
Well the jokeís on you, because Iím no semi-functioning adult.
I knew it!
I think the dollar will crash irreparably by 2012.... bottom drops out of the dollar. ....Dollars are worthless, 401ks are bust, the markets are valueless...government assumes control over all industry and everything is nationalized by the end of 2012. - gomer_tree
Old 12-20-2019, 12:50 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividox View Post
So, what you're telling me is you're completely unaware of the concept of trolling.
that wasn't trolling. inco meant it. he made that thread thinking it was a clever thread, but then it wound up being a way to stroke the ego of everyone on team awesome and just looked foolish.
Spoiler:
Old 12-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Lead Guitarist
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: Avery Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
that wasn't trolling. inco meant it. he made that thread thinking it was a clever thread, but then it wound up being a way to stroke the ego of everyone on team awesome and just looked foolish.
You can't grasp the fact that you were trolled because it doesn't fit in with your victim mentality. Gotcha.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
You can't grasp the fact that you were trolled because it doesn't fit in with your victim mentality. Gotcha.
okay, what? so trolling makes it fun and okay? i'm not sure what point you're trying to illustrate here.

so instead of the group being "awesome" it's a group of trolls then? cool story bro
Spoiler:
Old 12-20-2019, 01:17 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Quote:
If they were trolling her doesn't that make her the victim?
Old 12-20-2019, 01:19 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Actuary View Post
If they were trolling her doesn't that make her the victim?
Spoiler:
Old 12-20-2019, 01:30 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
Quote:
when the group formed, that was the premise of it, that everyone in it were the special awesome people, thus the name. there were threads made to talk about how awesome they were.

it was the brain child of inconceivable. he thought that certain people were awesome and others sucked and he announced who these special awesome people were. then huge jass made a social group to congregate all the awesome people. us non-awesome people were very unimpressed.
without getting into a debate on whether this even remotely resembles the truth or is an example of extremely one-sided revisionist history, it seems you were so unimpressed that you can recall this story 10 years later...

I wish I had a memory like that. I can barely remember the things that I actually care deeply about. and like you said, this social group is DEFINITELY NOT something you care about. so well done. thoughts/tips to improving my memory? ginkgo biloba? Omega 3's? Thanks in advance!!
Huh, I had no idea. I completely missed the creation of the first group. I may at some point have noticed that team awesome became team awesomer. But I didn't play in social groups back then.

By the time I noticed social groups, it was team awesomerest. And I looked at the member list and thought it included some people I like, and would enjoy virtually hanging out with. So I asked for an invite. But you know, if they'd said, "no" I'm pretty sure I would have been okay.

And it's been nice. It's the sort of place where erose felt comfortable enough to drop the aggressive posturing and be supportive and kind. It's the sort of place where I can bitch about something unrelated to the ao and not worry about who it might get back to. I assume lots of other social groups serve a similar purpose. We just thought it was fun to reach a silly round-number milestone and wanted to celebrate.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:34 PM
Lead Guitarist
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: Avery Mephistopheles

Quote:
okay, what? so trolling makes it fun and okay? i'm not sure what point you're trying to illustrate here.

so instead of the group being "awesome" it's a group of trolls then? cool story bro
My only point is I'm amazed that you were trolled so hard that you are convinced it wasn't trolling.

Like, I've always understood why you didn't like certain people who poked at you relentlessly, but I never realized that you actually took what they said seriously.