Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our 2017 Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 07-19-2018, 09:47 AM
CAS

Clearly need some
Old 07-19-2018, 02:46 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Wat?

People use homerow hand placement for gaming? Most games default sprinting to the shift key, how do you sprint if you have no fingers left on that side of your hand? I'm now sitting at work with my hand resting on the keyboard trying to mentally think through movement in a game with my pinky on A. That's way too much pressure to put on pinky dexterity. Actually the extension of my ring finger to W while my middle finger is bent to push D makes it feel like my hand is going to cramp.

omg I'm so confused right now.
You stretch. This is ideal if shit talking at a moments notice is more important than finger health. Source: me.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:47 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldy27 View Post
hmmm. I used a couple android devices in the past and they were good enough. Actually, I heard from somewhere Apple is deliberately slowing down old apple products to make customers buy their new products. Is this true?

I was leaning towards ipads but I feel like they're unnecessarily expensive for what I need one for.
Like I said the tablet market is pretty much dead at this point. The newest iPad can be found new or refurb for under 300 bucks so the ďApple taxĒ is negligible,. Otherwise you can buy some garbage from Samsung I guess.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:33 PM
SOA

Started Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire this weekend.

Played 12 hours straight on Saturday (much needed binge as wife + kids were gone for the weekend)

So far its pretty good.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:12 PM
CAS

Finally decided to move on from League of Legends. Too much time commitment and some changes they made to the game recently just didn't do it for me.

Walmart is running a deal for a Switch + game for $330. Ordered one with Zelda that should arrive wednesday.

Also been playing Divinity Original Sin (part 1), but mostly getting my butt whooped.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:27 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf58 View Post
Finally decided to move on from League of Legends. Too much time commitment and some changes they made to the game recently just didn't do it for me.

Walmart is running a deal for a Switch + game for $330. Ordered one with Zelda that should arrive wednesday.

Also been playing Divinity Original Sin (part 1), but mostly getting my butt whooped.
That was a fun game - will replay some day. I Also will play Part 2 someday as so far I only played it when it was still in Beta but never got back around to it when the full version was released.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:04 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf58 View Post

I didn't quite enjoy BOTW because I thought it was too focused on inventory management which took away from the core Zelda experience I enjoy.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:04 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Tempted to pick DOS2 when it comes out on console next month, never played the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:05 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelMustard View Post
I didn't quite enjoy BOTW because I thought it was too focused on inventory management which took away from the core Zelda experience I enjoy.
FWIW I thought that would end up bothering me, but it really didn't. I probably spent too much time thinking about it anyway and could have just gone with the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:41 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
FWIW I thought that would end up bothering me, but it really didn't. I probably spent too much time thinking about it anyway and could have just gone with the flow.
When the game was in preview and heard weapons would break, I groaned and thought it would ruin Zelda.

In practice, I truly think BOTW would be a worse game without breaking gear. In doing so, the game forces you to explore more, make decisions on whether you want to fight this mob or find a safe way around (maybe you donít want to waste weapons on fighting...or maybe you need some weapons and there could be good ones in this enemy camp). Itís definitely not without frustration, but I think it added to the gameís appeal to me at the end of the day.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one