Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Life, Health & Pension

Health Actuary Jobs
Insurance & Consulting jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Actuarial Recruitment
Visit DW Simpson's website for more info.
www.dwsimpson.com/about

Casualty Jobs
Property & Casualty jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Old 03-20-2017, 11:25 AM

Default Recover data from Galaxy S5 that did a factory reset

After going to google play and restoring all my apps I'm mostly back to normal but I have a couple questions for anyone who may be able to help:

1) Most of my contacts have been restored, but not all. I can't figure out why. Any clues? I suppose the missing ones weren't synced to my google account but that seems weird. Why would that be?

2) There wasn't much on the SD card, thankfully, because I had just backed up everything. But I did lose some pix and videos...can they be restored? The interwebs tell me revuva can do it.

3) My music is gone as are the pix that were saved in 'private'. Can these be restored? I'm not sure where the music was, if it was sd card then i guess this is really a #2 question. "Private" is device storage though.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
After going to google play and restoring all my apps I'm mostly back to normal but I have a couple questions for anyone who may be able to help:

1) Most of my contacts have been restored, but not all. I can't figure out why. Any clues? I suppose the missing ones weren't synced to my google account but that seems weird. Why would that be?

2) There wasn't much on the SD card, thankfully, because I had just backed up everything. But I did lose some pix and videos...can they be restored? The interwebs tell me revuva can do it.

3) My music is gone as are the pix that were saved in 'private'. Can these be restored? I'm not sure where the music was, if it was sd card then i guess this is really a #2 question. "Private" is device storage though.

Thanks!
Is it possible that the contacts you don't have were synced from another app you haven't signed into yet? Maybe an Outlook or facebook account? No ideas about the pictures/music.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:48 PM

Turns out I did lose a few contacts. I have no idea why they weren't synced to my Google account. Also lost a handful of pix. I tried a couple recovery programs but I couldn't get them to run.

Figured I'd try this forum on more time. I don't want to lost the deal.