Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E View Post
Smart move. As long as you use a strong password for you master password, you'll be in great shape.
15 characters, mixed case, includes numbers and symbols. i think i'm good.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
CAS

YubiKey has a 30% discount between now and 8/31 using coupon code 'securitynow' at checkout. good for 1-5 units.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:20 PM
SOA AAA

I just downloaded LastPass and I'm trying to set it up for HSBC's site. The user name is on one page and the password page has a typed password and a mouse keyboard on the next. I'm having trouble setting it up to fill everything it in and login automatically.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Eddie Smith
SOA AAA

College: UGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbbzepp View Post
I just downloaded LastPass and I'm trying to set it up for HSBC's site. The user name is on one page and the password page has a typed password and a mouse keyboard on the next. I'm having trouble setting it up to fill everything it in and login automatically.
1Password handles that pesky virtual keypad no problem. I know because I have an HSBC account. I'm not sure about LastPass because I don't use it.

Learn how FSA exams are different from the prelims

Registration is open for all of our fall 2017 FSA exam online seminars:

ILA-LP | ILA-LFV-U | ILA-LFV-C | ILA-LRM | QFI Core | QFI Adv | QFI IRM | G&H Core | G&H Adv | G&H Specialty

Check out our Technical Skills Course: Excel, VBA, Access, brand new R material, and more!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Old 08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Stone 11th Anniversary Ale

Quote:
Super simple once you know how to do it. Go to the first page that you have to enter information on. That will be the username page. Click on the LastPass icon at the top of your browser and you will see a green circle with a plus in it called "Save All Entered Data". Click it and save the information. Go to the next page and fill in your password and the soft keyboard passcode and repeat the "Save All Entered Data" step. If you log out, it should go through the whole process automatically.

You can use the "Save All Entered Data" thing on any page that doesn't fill correctly.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:08 PM
SOA AAA

No go. On the second login page I'm getting an error that tells me to use the mouse to click the virtual keyboard. I guess it thinks I'm trying to type in my password with the keyboard.

And auto-login doesn't work either.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:09 AM
CAS

Quote:
No go. On the second login page I'm getting an error that tells me to use the mouse to click the virtual keyboard. I guess it thinks I'm trying to type in my password with the keyboard.

And auto-login doesn't work either.
So on the second page you type out your regular keyboard password, then use your mouse to click out the soft keyboard password, right? At that point, don't click the "submit" button yet. Instead go to the lastpass icon on your browser and click "Save All Entered Data". It should look like the attached screenshot. Be sure to save that as a different name than the one from the first page. I've labeled mine as "hsbc.com username" and "hsbc.com password" and neither are set for auto login. I manually click the next button.

Let me know if this still isn't working. As I mentioned, it works perfectly for me.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
SOA AAA

That's exactly what I had done. When I log in to my vault, I see that the passwords are (correctly) saved. But for some reason the website doesn't like the autofill and thinks I'm trying to type on the virtual keypad.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 AM
CAS

Quote:
That's exactly what I had done. When I log in to my vault, I see that the passwords are (correctly) saved. But for some reason the website doesn't like the autofill and thinks I'm trying to type on the virtual keypad.
Got it. You are probably using Firefox. I just tried it in Firefox and it gives me the exact problem you state with the pop up. Try using Chrome as it works perfectly there. I also tried it in IE and it didn't enter EITHER of the passwords.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Eddie Smith
SOA AAA

College: UGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahow View Post
Got it. You are probably using Firefox. I just tried it in Firefox and it gives me the exact problem you state with the pop up. Try using Chrome as it works perfectly there. I also tried it in IE and it didn't enter EITHER of the passwords.
That's odd that this would only work in Chrome. LastPass's developers should address that.

Learn how FSA exams are different from the prelims

Registration is open for all of our fall 2017 FSA exam online seminars:

ILA-LP | ILA-LFV-U | ILA-LFV-C | ILA-LRM | QFI Core | QFI Adv | QFI IRM | G&H Core | G&H Adv | G&H Specialty

Check out our Technical Skills Course: Excel, VBA, Access, brand new R material, and more!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn