Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

2016 ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Old 07-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Non-Actuary

Here's who I play and why:
Vayne: she's TOUGH late game, even if I've been slapped around the whole time. If I've been fed at all, either they focus me, they scatter, or they DIE.

Blitz for support: his grabs can change the game. Even if they avoid the grabs they can't work effectively because they have to keep walking to the opposite side of the creep cloud. The ADC I'm supporting can hopefully clear creeps. With judicious ward usage you can turn an ambush on its head so beautifully. Even if I never land awesome grabs, if I get some cooldown reduction and AP, I can clear all creep waves with my ult instantly.

Volibear as bot support or solo top. I want to jungle with him, but I don't dare.

Anivia: I'm trying to learn her better. She has many useful skills, but I'm not good at them yet. As poor as I am with her, I still manage to hold my own mid against whomever, and am able to be very useful in the team fights.

Ashe: If she moved faster she'd be the perfect adc. She used to be my main, but I stagnated. I should go back to her.

You should also try: Jungle warwick, Smiteless Jungle Xin Zhao, Rammus, Xerath (but I hear they're going to nerf Xerath).
Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM
SOA

I have used Volibear pretty extensively. Almost all of that has been in the jungle. When you gank, as long as the lane doesn't have a hard CC (stun or snare) you are going to force a flash or kill most likely. His clear time is a little slow though, which is why I have letely been picking Amumu and Nocturne instead of Volibear for the jungle. Really depends on the team comp for jungle selection. I pick it based on what we need. Volibear if we need an AD tank, Amumu if we need an AP tank, Nocturne if we need an assassin type that can also be tanky. One spot I'm missing is an AP assassin type jungle. Maybe Diana can fill that role, not sure.

Vayne is a beast late game. That true damage is mean as she can shred through tanks. If you like the "beastly late game" type champs, you should try Ryze as mid or top. Get a tear early and spam abilities as you farm. Once you fill the tear up and get the upgraded item to go along with it, his power spike is just absurd. He is basically the definition of an APC instead of ADC lategame.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:06 PM
SOA

Also thanks for the recommendations. Might take a look at Xin Zhao. Warwick just plain doesn't interest me though. Seems very straightforward or unrewarding to play. Ditto for Rammus. Since I'm getting Kassadin soon, I think I will skip on Xerath for now even though he does appeal to me.

Edit to add: Feel free to add me on league. My in game name is "Storm DC".
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM
CAS SOA

College: University of California, Berkeley

Hey guys! I'm really new to the forums. After passing the P exam a couple days ago, I decided to browse the forums more and found that there was a LoL thread. That's awesome! If anyone wants to play together, let me know!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:26 PM
SOA

Some of the champs I don't own but would like to eventually are: Blitzcrank, Evelynn, Hecarim, Janna, Jarvan 4, Karma, Lee Sin, Lux, Nami, Shen, Talon, Twitch, Zyra

Gonna have to play alot more in order to get there! Good thing I'm done exams, oh wait.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:27 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileron31527 View Post
Hey guys! I'm really new to the forums. After passing the P exam a couple days ago, I decided to browse the forums more and found that there was a LoL thread. That's awesome! If anyone wants to play together, let me know!
I attached my name in the post above yours so feel free to add me, just let me know so I don't ignore it ha!

Also, congrats on passing P!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
CAS SOA

Thanks. I just sent out the invite, I'm actually playing right now
Old 07-31-2013, 06:21 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: porters

oh lol, haven't played you in so long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Still playing a lot of League of Legends. Now Level 30 with a little over 200 wins. Dipping into some ranked games with my brother lately. Not placed yet, but I am 6-2 thus far in the placement matches. Assuming I go 1-1 in the remaining two, I wonder where that will put me. Hoping to place out of bronze, but we will see.

Main champs I use at the moment:
Top: Renekton ( <3 him)
Mid: Mix it up here.... Orianna, Kennen, Twisted Fate, Akali, Ryze
Jungle: Amumu or Nocturne (getting Zac by the weekend)
ADC: Varus mainly, also use Tristana on occasion
Supp: Soraka or whoever is free

Question: Planning on refunding Nidalee. Going to get Kassadin in the next week when he goes on sale. Question is, who should I get besides that? Open to suggestions / discussion.
KOG-MAW

Good break from the vayne/trist/ashe/ez style of play. Wonderful late game, if very team dependent.

I think Annie was my favorite. Simple abilities but a lot of going for her-- harassment, good escape, high damage aoe ult, and a aoe stun on a fairly short cd... means lots of interesting decisions about who and how to engage, and what to do during team battles. I don't know if she would be as fun in high-level play though, never played more than a couple ranked matches.

Last edited by sweetiepie; 07-31-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Old 07-31-2013, 06:27 PM
CAS SOA

Are yous tarting to play again sweetiepie? I've been playing consistently for the past months or so.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:44 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: porters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileron31527 View Post
Are yous tarting to play again sweetiepie? I've been playing consistently for the past months or so.
Nah, I have a girlfriend.