Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe

Old 12-16-2013, 12:14 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
Game is definitely addictive. Very fun.

Took me a little while to get the hang of Arena but I've been tearing it up of late. I think I'm 3 for 6 on 12 wins after the patch (which made it a max of 12 wins instead of 9). Up to a little over 1200 gold but I haven't bought any packs w/ it yet.

Most of my good arena decks have been mage. Though I think my best one was the warlock I had yesterday. The strategy of just taking a bunch of cheap cards when you are warlock is pretty effective. I didn't realize until yesterday but when a card instructs you to discard a random card, you can still play it w/ no other cards in hand. That makes the 0 cost deal 4 card very powerful.

For the constructed I'm trying to grind my rank up w/ my druid deck but it's mostly just the starter cards so far. That's also fun but eventually I will have to craft some cards to fill out the deck so it can be more competitive. I think I'm up to rank 16 or so.
Wow! Arena is max 12 wins now? What are the rewards like for 10-12 wins? I haven't played in 3 weeks now, and I figure if I don't start, I won't be addicted :P ...and will be able to study more for my next exam.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:39 PM
SOA

300+ gold. 1-2 packs. Maybe a random card. Maybe crafting material. You get 5 things like you used to. I think you only get 3 now for the lower amounts of wins.

I only had 1 9 win deck (though I've only had beta for like 2 weeks) but I've gotten 3 12 win decks in the past few days.

I think this was my 12 win prize breakdown
2 gold things, epic card, pack, crafting dust
2 gold things, 2 packs, crafting dust
3 gold things, 1 pack, crafting dust

All of the gold was 300+ combined.

Last edited by InSpades; 12-16-2013 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Non-Actuary

Studying for software developer
College: college of duh!

i just got into the beta. I really like the game, but it is taking a long time to learn the ropes.

"You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures." - Charles C. Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconceivable View Post
Does he math good?

I need a geek in the streets but a mathlete in the sheets.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:03 AM
CAS

Studying for Survivor Fantasy Football
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Had a rough arena session last night, lost more than I won, winrate down to a hair below 60%. Got beaten twice by hunters on turn 1 rare (starving buzzard, knife juggler) into turn 2 (epic!) Snake Trap. first time was my fault for not playing around it.

second time didn't really have a choice: no removal, he has a secret up, 3/2 vs 3/2. have to attack the knife juggler and play around the common Explosive trap, right? even if he has it, 50% my 3/2 survives. attack, trigger Snake Trap, knife juggler kills my 3/2, GG. oh well, can't win 'em all, but that was rough to run into twice in arena.

on the plus side of luck, I got two legendaries from my two prize packs in those bad arena runs. so I got that going for me.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:00 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Downloaded on iPad last night and played a couple games. Quick question: when you get new cards how do those show up in your deck? If you earn them in Practice, do they automatically show up in Practice mode decks? What about cards that you get from packs? Do you have to manually set up your decks with those, and can you use them in practice mode?

Anyway, cool game. Basically a simplified version of magic with a couple different mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM
CAS

Studying for Survivor Fantasy Football
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Downloaded on iPad last night and played a couple games. Quick question: when you get new cards how do those show up in your deck? If you earn them in Practice, do they automatically show up in Practice mode decks? What about cards that you get from packs? Do you have to manually set up your decks with those, and can you use them in practice mode?

Anyway, cool game. Basically a simplified version of magic with a couple different mechanics.
I'm trying to remember how the tutorial stuff works... I think you have to add all of them to your practice mode decks if you want to play with them.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSox View Post
I'm trying to remember how the tutorial stuff works... I think you have to add all of them to your practice mode decks if you want to play with them.
Yeah, I wasn't seeing the right place to do that. I played one PvP game too and it used some default deck. I'm assuming I'll need to create my own new decks for that mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:25 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

When you unlock cards from leveling, achievements or opening packs, they all go to your Collections book. You need to make your own deck if you want to use them.

The reason is that a deck is limited to 30 cards. The default practice decks are premade without any new or unlocked cards. It doesn't choose what cards to replace so you have to do it yourself.

Hearthstone is a fantastic game and I enjoy it a lot. They also revealed that they are making an Adventure Mode in a future update.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:27 AM
CAS

In the Collections book, there a place on the top right to create a deck. Then you select a class that you unlocked and pick the cards you own.

In addition to the cards from the practice decks, you start off with quite a few neutral cards. I definitely recommend taking a look and building your own deck.

Unfortunately, you can't trade or give away dust. I would've been happy to share some.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Surprisingly Not a Troll, MD
Non-Actuary

Studying for fellating shellfish
College: Alma Madda, Alma Fadda
Favorite beer: Anything Tom tells me isn't total crap

fun game you guys