Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:02 PM
td25er's Avatar
td25er td25er is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tometom View Post
so can Josh Fields get eligible at OSU? Nebraska managed to get a guy that followed Frost from UCF eligible, although a little too late into the season. i don't think too much was released on the argument for that.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...es/2501420002/
Josh Fields was decent in his 1st stint at OSU, but he was a better baseball player.
__________________
"Okay, settle down, prostitutes."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:34 PM
tometom's Avatar
tometom tometom is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Favorite beer: Homebrew
Posts: 13,080
Default

Justin, sorry. not sure where i got josh.
__________________
If I had some duct tape, I could fix that.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-10-2019, 05:32 PM
greenman's Avatar
greenman greenman is offline
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Paddy's Irish Pub
Posts: 13,925
Default

If Fields doesn't get eligible right away, then OSU might be in a word of hurt with Haskins going pro and QB2 Martell probably transferring.
__________________
Dayman (ah ah ah ahhhhh)
Fighter of the Nightman (ah ah ah ahhhhh)
Champion of the Sun (ah ah ah ahhhhh)
You're a Master of Karate
And friendship
For Everyone
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Dr T Non-Fan Dr T Non-Fan is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Just outside of Nowhere
Posts: 93,931
Default

Looking ahead to non-conference schedules:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ted-games-2019
__________________
"Facebook is a toilet." -- LWTwJO
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-12-2019, 12:45 AM
YetAnotherCareerChanger YetAnotherCareerChanger is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
Looking ahead to non-conference schedules:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ted-games-2019
#5 I see. I mean we will probably lose but it's good to be in the top 5. Soooooo much better than last year's noncon
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:47 AM
willel2338's Avatar
willel2338 willel2338 is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The New South
College: The University of Alabama
Favorite beer: Chimay Grande Réserve
Posts: 2,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
If Fields doesn't get eligible right away, then OSU might be in a word of hurt with Haskins going pro and QB2 Martell probably transferring.
That would be pretty funny, but I’ve seen them play well with a 3rd stringer before.
__________________
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."
--Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Dr T Non-Fan Dr T Non-Fan is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Just outside of Nowhere
Posts: 93,931
Default

This was published on 1/7/2019. Because it IS too early to publish. Awaiting the day they start publishing this BEFORE the end of the last game.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ly-top-25-2019
__________________
"Facebook is a toilet." -- LWTwJO
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:50 PM
FirstAndGoal's Avatar
FirstAndGoal FirstAndGoal is offline
CAS
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
This was published on 1/7/2019. Because it IS too early to publish. Awaiting the day they start publishing this BEFORE the end of the last game.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ly-top-25-2019
They would never. That would be like Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:21 PM
Dr T Non-Fan Dr T Non-Fan is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Just outside of Nowhere
Posts: 93,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndGoal View Post
They would never. That would be like Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving.
Someone will start it. It's not like that article wasn't written a few days before that last game, modified as players decide to play pro or stay at their schools.

Also, a lot of people get Wednesday before Thanksgiving off. Why haven't retailers locked on to wallets that day?

Dammit! Someone stole my idea, two years ago!!! Before I even thought of it!

http://www.themarketshops.com/calend...-market-shops/
__________________
"Facebook is a toilet." -- LWTwJO
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:26 PM
FirstAndGoal's Avatar
FirstAndGoal FirstAndGoal is offline
CAS
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
Someone will start it. It's not like that article wasn't written a few days before that last game, modified as players decide to play pro or stay at their schools.

Also, a lot of people get Wednesday before Thanksgiving off. Why haven't retailers locked on to wallets that day?

Dammit! Someone stole my idea, two years ago!!! Before I even thought of it!

http://www.themarketshops.com/calend...-market-shops/
My post should have been in red but I thought it was obvious I was being facetious. All sorts of stores start "Black Friday" deals on Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.27823 seconds with 11 queries