Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports > Fantasy Football Sub-Forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-23-2019, 10:40 AM
JollyGoodFCAS's Avatar
JollyGoodFCAS JollyGoodFCAS is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth (most of the time)
Favorite beer: Beer-Sheva
Posts: 37,279
Default

What if Gordon is available? Is the reward worth the risk relative to the others? I'm guessing no since the handcuff situation gets murky, as Ekeler would be the starter but Jackson would cut into his carries, especially on the goal line.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lit041000 View Post
FCAS is the yoda of puns. He sprinkles little treasures when the pun gods smile upon us
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Arthur Itas's Avatar
Arthur Itas Arthur Itas is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta
Studying for Prostate exam
College: Hard Knocks
Posts: 20,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGoodFCAS View Post
What if Gordon is available? Is the reward worth the risk relative to the others? I'm guessing no since the handcuff situation gets murky, as Ekeler would be the starter but Jackson would cut into his carries, especially on the goal line.
I'm worried about the holdout. I'd only take Gordon if I also picked up Ekeler. I like Ekeler regardless of what happens with Gordon.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-24-2019, 12:11 AM
MooBeay MooBeay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,892
Default

Auction draft: can play 4 RBs with two as flex
Connor, Bell, Elliot, Chiefs Williams

Connor was keeper at $9. Blew rest my monies on other 3.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-25-2019, 12:37 AM
Egghead's Avatar
Egghead Egghead is online now
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,225
Default

My son drafted both Lamar Miller and Andrew Luck. Tonight, they both went down, one to an ACL, the other to retirement. My son posted this fact on a NFL website, and within an hour got 1500 likes, and more than 60 comments from people expressing their condolences.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-25-2019, 11:07 AM
JollyGoodFCAS's Avatar
JollyGoodFCAS JollyGoodFCAS is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth (most of the time)
Favorite beer: Beer-Sheva
Posts: 37,279
Default

Here's my team:

QB: Goff (10)
RB: Barkley (1), Fournette (3), Montgomery (4), Ekeler (6), Guice (7), Ballage (11), JJackson (15)
WR: Evans (2), Lockett (5), Pettis (8), Allison (9), JBrown (13)
TE: Andrews (12)
D: Browns (14)
K: Myers (16/Mr. Irrelevant)

Pretty much got the guys I was looking for. Was a pleasant surprise to see Evans fall to the end of the second round, and glad that Goff and Andrews lasted as long as they did. Betting heavily on Gordon holding out the season so got the other 2 Bolts RBs. Montgomery was a bit of a reach but I'm buying into the hype. Ballage was buried deeply in ESPN rankings so I might have been able to wait longer on him, but Drake's injury gives him a chance to play a bigger role in the offense.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lit041000 View Post
FCAS is the yoda of puns. He sprinkles little treasures when the pun gods smile upon us
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:33 PM
JimF JimF is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Studying for P/1
College: M.S. University of Texas; B.S. Trinity University
Posts: 111
Default

Here is my team in a 12-team half-ppr with the 8th pick:
QB Newton(7), Goff(9)
RB Zeke(1), Chubb(2), M Mack(6), Tony Pollard(12), Ballage(13)
WR Thielen(3), Robert Woods(4), Hilton(5), Valdes-Scantling(10)
TE McDonald(7)
DEF Rams(11)
K Badgley(14)
I am pretty happy with the team.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:34 PM
JimF JimF is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Studying for P/1
College: M.S. University of Texas; B.S. Trinity University
Posts: 111
Default

Vance was round 8, not 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Here is my team in a 12-team half-ppr with the 8th pick:
QB Newton(7), Goff(9)
RB Zeke(1), Chubb(2), M Mack(6), Tony Pollard(12), Ballage(13)
WR Thielen(3), Robert Woods(4), Hilton(5), Valdes-Scantling(10)
TE McDonald(7)
DEF Rams(11)
K Badgley(14)
I am pretty happy with the team.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-02-2019, 06:03 PM
td25er's Avatar
td25er td25er is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,445
Default

Here’s my full PPR roster

QB: Watson
RB: McCaffrey, Kerryon, J.White, J.Jackson,Ito Smith
WR: Golladay,Fuller,Kirk,Sutton,Moncrief,Washington,Tr equan Smith
TE: Ertz
K:Butker
Def: none

WR is a disaster. Banking on either Kirk or Moncrief/Washington to emerge as a WR2. Gonna dump one of the Smiths for a defense
__________________
"Okay, settle down, prostitutes."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-02-2019, 06:10 PM
3rookie 3rookie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,300
Default

JimF, Yeah, that's a solid 12-team draft. Gotta take Zeke there, surprised Pollard went that late but maybe that's because of the short bench.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-02-2019, 06:12 PM
3rookie 3rookie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by td25er View Post
Here’s my full PPR roster

QB: Watson
RB: McCaffrey, Kerryon, J.White, J.Jackson,Ito Smith
WR: Golladay,Fuller,Kirk,Sutton,Moncrief,Washington,Tr equan Smith
TE: Ertz
K:Butker
Def: none

WR is a disaster. Banking on either Kirk or Moncrief/Washington to emerge as a WR2. Gonna dump one of the Smiths for a defense
Agree. Someone will break out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.35529 seconds with 9 queries