Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

2017 ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1181  
Old 07-02-2018, 12:05 PM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is online now
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 12,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
I can do regular rifts just fine. But Great Rifts kick my ass. Should I partner with someone? I'm currently in a closed game.
Not sure why that would be. Grifts aren't inherently more difficult. I was using Kymbo's Gold for awhile so grifts were slightly more difficult than the same tier level of rift, but they should be the same.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
You should learn to communicate in a serious manner before you expect a serious answer.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
  #1182  
Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 PM
DjPim's Avatar
DjPim DjPim is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
I can do regular rifts just fine. But Great Rifts kick my ass. Should I partner with someone? I'm currently in a closed game.
Check out some guides on icyveins website, they have a bunch of examples of effective sets of gear that you can try to keep an eye out for to help power you up. The most important thing is getting a full 6-piece set. The greater rifts show an estimate for power level for rifts 1-60 (I think 60 is equivalent to torment 13). Partnering with someone can help by having them carry you through more difficult content which would increase the chance of legendaries dropping.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
"Cali" SMH.
Reply With Quote
  #1183  
Old 07-02-2018, 12:09 PM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is online now
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 12,737
Default

Doing T8s now. I'm dead set on getting both Compass Rose and Traveler's Pledge. I don't think i've ever gotten both of them in a single season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
You should learn to communicate in a serious manner before you expect a serious answer.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
  #1184  
Old 07-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Entropy Entropy is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Earth...ish
Favorite beer: The Meddler
Posts: 9,525
Default

I'm assuming I should just be saving grifts for after hitting 70 and getting my free set, etc?
__________________
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #1185  
Old 07-02-2018, 01:56 PM
DjPim's Avatar
DjPim DjPim is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I'm assuming I should just be saving grifts for after hitting 70 and getting my free set, etc?
Everything's really your choice. I use the season journey as a direction for where my goals are currently. After getting free set, I did a mix of regular rifts and greater rifts to get some more gear, then did a lot of bounties to get crafting materials and to complete certain achievements. After that, I had enough of my set to do higher power greater rifts and I focused on progressing there for a while. Now I have my full build, so from here I get stronger just by getting the same pieces of gear but with better stats... which is getting a bit mind-numbing and discouraging.*

*Yesterday I spent 1000 forgotten souls reforging my weapon and didn't get a single ancient version of it. I also got my first primal ancient of the season -- a puzzle ring. I cleared GR 84 solo and was a few seconds behind 90 2's with a zmonk friend, but I haven't gotten an upgrade in so long. Taking a break now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
"Cali" SMH.
Reply With Quote
  #1186  
Old 07-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Entropy Entropy is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Earth...ish
Favorite beer: The Meddler
Posts: 9,525
Default

For sure, I'm just focusing on the free set. As of now my next goal is to hit lv50 teehee.
__________________
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #1187  
Old 07-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Abelian Grape's Avatar
Abelian Grape Abelian Grape is offline
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux
Posts: 42,069
Default

now you know why angels and demons fear the nephalem, lorath
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 07-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Abelian Grape's Avatar
Abelian Grape Abelian Grape is offline
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux
Posts: 42,069
Default

Just gotta augment a 50+ gem into an ancient and level up 3 gems to 70 and I should be done for the season
Reply With Quote
  #1189  
Old 07-06-2018, 10:27 PM
Abelian Grape's Avatar
Abelian Grape Abelian Grape is offline
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux
Posts: 42,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelian Grape View Post
Just gotta augment a 50+ gem into an ancient and level up 3 gems to 70 and I should be done for the season
season journey done!

done for the season
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 07-07-2018, 12:15 AM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is online now
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 12,737
Default

U my hero
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
You should learn to communicate in a serious manner before you expect a serious answer.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.18288 seconds with 10 queries