Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Open Job Listings > Actuary Jobs - Employment - Life, Annuities, Investments & Financial
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 10-31-2019, 12:28 PM
Actuarial Outpost Administrator
Contact me: Send me a PM
or email me
tom.troceen@dwsimpson.com
CAS SOA COPA

Location: Sitting in front of a red button w/ your name on it
College: FSU ActSci Alumni
Favorite beer: Root
Arrow Aflac in Columbus, GA is hiring - Actuary I & Actuary II - Student Level 1-3+ exams

Apply Online Here:

Actuary I - http://aflac.taleo.net/careersection...955918&lang=en

Actuary II - http://aflac.taleo.net/careersection...955962&lang=en

Actuary I

Spread Your Wings

We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all – The Aflac Way.

Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 20 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 (the inaugural year of the award) and one of America's Most Admired Companies for 18 years.

Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there is a home — and a flourishing career — for you at Aflac.

The Company
Aflac

The Location
Columbus, GA

The Division
Actuarial

The Opportunity
Actuary I

Job Summary

Under direct supervision performs assignments intended to expose the incumbent to many facets of actuarial work; develops an understanding of the business and the departmental and company goals
Principal Duties & Responsibilities

Performs actuarial tasks using extensive knowledge of mathematics and business principles while learning Pricing, Valuation and/or Financial Reporting Concepts; conducts fact gathering, claims analysis, reviews and analyzes statistical data, including morbidity, mortality and termination experience, documentation, trend analysis, actuarial research, develop pricing and valuation models

Compiles and categorizes data for experience analyses and prepares related reports; prepares schedules of statistics, financial statements, premiums, reserves and benefits, documenting and verifying the factors used in related computations; incumbent is instructed on all assignments and refers any question or problem to more experienced personnel

Performs other duties as assigned

Education & Experience

Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, computer science or a related field, zero to two years of professional job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience

Completion of one Society of Actuaries (SOA) exam and commitment to completing exams leading to an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation (required)

Job Knowledge & Skills

Knowledge of life insurance, accounting, and actuarial methods
Intermediate knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel and Word

Core Competencies

Action Oriented, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Listening, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust

Functional Competencies

Technical Learning, Functional/Technical Skills, Intellectual Horsepower, Problem Solving, Time Management, Learning on the Fly

The Benefits

Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we are able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), stock purchase plans, and many more.

-----------------------------------------------

Actuary II

Spread Your Wings

We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all – The Aflac Way.

Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 20 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 (the inaugural year of the award) and one of America's Most Admired Companies for 18 years.

Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there’s a home — and a flourishing career — for you at Aflac.

The Company
Aflac

The Location
Columbus, Ga

The Division
Chief Financial Officer/Global Risk & Actuarial

The Opportunity
Actuary II

Job Summary

Participates in the continued development of Aflac’s global risk management function; designs and maintains capital modeling tools for global enterprise risk management; provides expertise and recommendations in the development of capital models for managing risks across the organization; supports a risk management framework designed to identify, assess, mitigate, monitor, and report the strategic, financial, insurance and operational risks of Aflac’s business

Principal Duties & Responsibilities

Provides analytical and modeling support in the development and implementation of quantitative risk management methodologies used within the organization

Synthesizes risk related information and creates robust presentations
Participates in new risk modeling methodology development and implementation; works with business areas to utilize quantitative risk management methods in measuring risks

Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for various committees as well as ad-hoc reports requested by internal customers and management
Supports cross-functional projects and other Global Risk Management initiatives such as Economic Capital, risk limits/budgets, ORSA reporting, and others

Performs other related duties as required

Education & Experience

Bachelor's Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, computer science or a related field, and two years of professional job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.

Experience in actuarial software such as MG-ALFA, AXIS, PROPHET, etc. preferred

Completion of three Society of Actuaries (SOA) exams and commitment to completing exams leading to an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation required

Currently a candidate in or qualified to become a candidate in the Aflac Actuarial Development Program required

Job Knowledge & Skills

Some knowledge of life insurance, accounting, and actuarial

Good analytical and research skills

Quantitative modeling skills required

Knowledge of statistical or analytical modeling languages

Ability to compile and categorize statistical data and oversee the preparation of reports

Intermediate knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel and Word

Core Competencies

Action Oriented, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Listening, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust

Functional Competencies

Decision Quality, Functional/Technical Skills, Informing, Intellectual Horsepower, Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Technical Learning, Time Management, Written Communications

The Benefits

Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), stock purchase plans, and many more.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:34 PM
CAS

at what point can i stop spreading my wings?