Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-28-2018, 02:30 PM
CAS

Default Google Fi now available on most Android phones

email I got from Google, today:

Introducing Google Fi

After 3 years of growing with you, our Project Fi community, we're excited to announce some big news: Project Fi is now Google Fi. Your service and billing won't be impacted, but you'll notice a new name, logo, and look-and-feel in places like your Google Fi app and your Google Fi account.

You can now also bring most Android phones and iPhones to Google Fi. While these phones get most of the Google Fi features you know and love, only phones designed for Fi, like the Moto X4 you have, unlock all of Google Fi's
unique features, including seamless switching between cellular networks and automatic connection to secure Wi-Fi hotspots. Since you're already on the best Google Fi experience, you don't need to take any action for your own account. Feel free to share the news with friends or family who might be interested in bringing a phone to Google Fi.

Finally, if you're looking for a new phone, we're celebrating our big day with one-day offers on all phones designed for Fi, from the Pixel 3 to the Moto G6. Everyone is eligible for these offersówhether you're looking for a phone for yourself or know someone you'd like to refer to Google Fi.

Today's update is just the start, and we can't wait to bring you more from Google Fi. As always, please reach out if you have any questionsówe're here for you 24/7.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:18 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for FSA

I've been looking into FI lately since AT&T coverage sucks where I live. This offer is actually really good. "When you purchase a qualifying device on fi.google.com, you can redeem a travel gift card in the amount you paid for the device, excluding taxes (details below)."
Old 11-28-2018, 03:22 PM
CAS

How does google fi work exactly?
Old 11-28-2018, 03:34 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by act_123 View Post
How does google fi work exactly?
I wondered the same thing. https://fi.google.com/about/faq/ Just the first two or three questions there will give you a good idea of the basics.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:40 PM
CAS

Thanks cuz
Old 11-28-2018, 03:41 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintPatty View Post
email I got from Google, today:

Introducing Google Fi

After 3 years of growing with you, our Project Fi community, we're excited to announce some big news: Project Fi is now Google Fi. Your service and billing won't be impacted, but you'll notice a new name, logo, and look-and-feel in places like your Google Fi app and your Google Fi account.

You can now also bring most Android phones and iPhones to Google Fi. While these phones get most of the Google Fi features you know and love, only phones designed for Fi, like the Moto X4 you have, unlock all of Google Fi's
unique features, including seamless switching between cellular networks and automatic connection to secure Wi-Fi hotspots. Since you're already on the best Google Fi experience, you don't need to take any action for your own account. Feel free to share the news with friends or family who might be interested in bringing a phone to Google Fi.

Finally, if you're looking for a new phone, we're celebrating our big day with one-day offers on all phones designed for Fi, from the Pixel 3 to the Moto G6. Everyone is eligible for these offersówhether you're looking for a phone for yourself or know someone you'd like to refer to Google Fi.

Today's update is just the start, and we can't wait to bring you more from Google Fi. As always, please reach out if you have any questionsówe're here for you 24/7.
rumor has it that some OnePlus phones will be added to Fi
Old 11-28-2018, 03:42 PM
CAS

If the carrier constantly switches are calls dropped a lot?
Old 11-28-2018, 04:19 PM
CAS SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
rumor has it that some OnePlus phones will be added to Fi
The compatibility page says my unlocked OnePlus 3 would work.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:23 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by act_123 View Post
If the carrier constantly switches are calls dropped a lot?
It only switches when there is a stronger signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:35 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for 7
Favorite beer: Bourbon County

Coincidentally I started another thread today referencing leaving FI to go to Verizon. The FI service has been very poor in our area, although it is nice to be able to travel internationally without having to make arrangements for your mobile data.