Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Careers - Employment
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 01-11-2019, 03:11 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westley View Post
Saw a Bloomberg (I think) article a few months ago, on insurtech and fintech, whose point was mostly that there is a lot of money going into disrupting current ways of marketing/selling/operating financial companies (which are archaic). And mostly the fintech startups look at how companies currently operate and see how inefficient they are, and get excited about how much money there is to be made off of increased efficiency through technology. And they're pretty flabbergasted by the fact that nobody has bothered to do this already. And then they raise money and start operating and they find out how difficult it is to meet all of the regulatory requirements, and what they have to do accomplish that. And then they understand why the incumbent players did things the way they did.

Not sure this matters to the company in question.
I would love to see this article. Not directly related to something I am trying to explain but might help reinforce the point I am trying to explain.