Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 02-27-2019, 01:48 PM
SOA

Studying for Health Foundations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelMustard View Post
Got my credit last week. I did $750 with Delta and $250 with Hotels.com. Just booked a west coast work trip that of course exceeded all of those so will get my money back pretty quick.

One thing I'll mention is that Fi's service is good but not great. I never had any problems with Verizon. I might be eligible for a work stipend for cell phone usage either later this year or next, and if that happens I'll have to go back to Verizon.
Fi buys from T-Mobile (primarily) and Sprint networks (some), so yea, not as good as Verizon (regardless of any commercials claims otherwise).

We're on TMo because with 6 phones, it's way cheaper to have unlimited data here and outside the US with them than Verizon (and our two oldest (21) definitely suck up that data, I don't think they know where the wifi button is...). It's cheaper/easier for them to pony up $40 a month to us and not have to worry about it, than get plans on their own and then have to worry about their usage.

Verizon got plenty enough of our money while we were with them before switching when the kids got old enough to have phones (dumb phones at first), but I still do miss VZW's network when we go visit my hometown. We have to stand at the end of my grandma's driveway and hold our phone just right to get service there. Not a huge inconvenience since we're there to visit, but annoying when you think of something you want to look up, and nope.