Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:49 AM

I played through the tutorial mission and the first real mission in Sexy Brutale. It’s interesting, but I’m not sure how much I’ll end up playing.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:54 PM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: the one you're buying me

Ever get drunk at night while playing a game? Then when you turn it back on, you're like, how the hell did I get here? Was playing Breath of the Wild the other day, had a few drinks. When I started playing it again the next afternoon, I was at some shrine that I had no recollection of traveling to. I'm not sure what I did along the way, or why I was even heading that way in the first place...
Old 01-22-2018, 02:56 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
Ever get drunk at night while playing a game? Then when you turn it back on, you're like, how the hell did I get here? Was playing Breath of the Wild the other day, had a few drinks. When I started playing it again the next afternoon, I was at some shrine that I had no recollection of traveling to. I'm not sure what I did along the way, or why I was even heading that way in the first place...
Do you have kids...?

Quote:
Ever get drunk at night while playing a game?
And the answer is yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
Can I beat Ludwig while drunk? One way to find out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
answer: yes.

Maybe I'm over leveled, but I'm slightly disappointed. He was hyped as a really hard boss, but I beat on my second try. First time last night I was sober and died to his huge moonlight sword aoe. Killed him my first try tonight.

I was doing some Chalice dungeons and the blood echoes were just piling up. Level 88.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:06 PM
CAS

Back in my WoW days our ZG raids were on Friday nights. Hakkar was always a blur.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:02 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: Bourbon County Rare

Quote:
Last weekend I was playing through Uncharted 3 for the first time. Was hating the ship graveyard chapters and had a few drinks. Next time I turned on the game I had no idea why I was at an airport with Elana. Had to watch YouTube to see what happened.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:49 AM

Played a bit more Sexy Brutale. Found the next person I need to save, but after 2 days of searching, I couldn’t figure out what to do. Decided to move it to the back of the queue, because I think I want to come back to it. Picked up Hellblade. Played for an hour or so, and it just didn’t click with me. Up next Wolfenstein 2.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I'll do you one better. During the day.

A few years back, I had to take a day off near the end of the year just so I didn't lose any vacation time. I got the idea in my head that it would be fun just to be buzzed all day, so I made myself a double vodka tonic and sat down to replay Metal Gear Solid 2. About an hour in, I had a nice buzz going and I was feeling pretty good, but I had finished my drink. I got up and poured myself a pretty full rocks glass of neat whiskey. My idea was that I would just sip it throughout the rest of the day to keep my buzz going.

Obviously, that didn't work out. At some point, I fell asleep. I woke up around 6:15 when my girlfriend got home at work, and i was still pretty tipsy. My rocks glass was empty.

The last thing I remember doing in the game was using the coolant spray to disarm the C4 bombs. When I woke up though, I was already inside Arsenal Gear. This means that I had managed to kill Fatman, infiltrate Shell 1 core, snipe the semtex on the bridge, destroy the harrier, rescue the president, and safeguard Emma while she walked across the oil fence - all while completely wasted.

I won't lie, it was a pretty proud moment. Not something I'll do again though.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:41 PM
It's a funny name.

day drinking + video games?? haven't been there in a long time, but I've definitely ticked this box a few times in my life.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:04 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Picked up Hellblade. Played for an hour or so, and it just didnít click with me.
An hour doesn't seem like enough time to me. The boss fights in this game are really good and fairly challenging. The puzzles in some of the more open areas can be a bit frustrating. But I think an hour in, the performance of the main actress really hasn't kicked up yet (and it's really good).
Old 01-24-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
An hour doesn't seem like enough time to me. The boss fights in this game are really good and fairly challenging. The puzzles in some of the more open areas can be a bit frustrating. But I think an hour in, the performance of the main actress really hasn't kicked up yet (and it's really good).
I may watch a Letís Play at some point. The gameplay and puzzles just annoyed me, and I didnít want to play it with a guide.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one