Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #24181  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Whoaminoneofyourbusiness's Avatar
Whoaminoneofyourbusiness Whoaminoneofyourbusiness is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Grand Tournament
Studying for GH Spec
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
The true final boss for the good ending of Hollow Knight is legitimately difficult. Maybe I'm just not as good at platform games as other people but I'm having a harder time with it than I did with any of the bosses in the dark souls games. I know all of the movement patterns now but still have difficulty dodging some of the attacks while not falling off the small platforms.
Just wait until nightmare king
__________________
Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #24182  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Chronus's Avatar
Chronus Chronus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoaminoneofyourbusiness View Post
Just wait until nightmare king
After this experience with the final boss I don't think I'll find it necessary to subject myself to that horror. I don't feel like I need to complete all of the DLC.
Reply With Quote
  #24183  
Old 01-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Entropy Entropy is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Earth...ish
Favorite beer: The Meddler
Posts: 9,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoaminoneofyourbusiness View Post
Just wait until nightmare king
This.
__________________
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #24184  
Old 01-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Arroway's Avatar
Arroway Arroway is offline
Member
CAS SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a house
Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine
Posts: 1,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post

that's what you get for buying a game just for trophies imo
Trophy whores gotta trophy whore
__________________
Arroway, Injustice 2 Raid Leader

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Reply With Quote
  #24185  
Old 01-03-2019, 04:53 PM
dancran1220's Avatar
dancran1220 dancran1220 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,530
Default

Ended up buying Sea of Thieves last night for $30 after a couple other people I know also went in on it. Not sure it will be a long term game for me, but have enjoyed my time on it so far.
Reply With Quote
  #24186  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Polak's Avatar
Polak Polak is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,683
Default

Pickups while the Steam Sale was on (though the first two weren't purchased):
  • Hollow Knight (Thanks Sredni!)
  • Tomb Raider (Thanks Arroway!)
  • Don't Starve
  • Don't Starve Together
  • Dishonored 2
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Yep, that should keep me busy for awhile. I finished Horizon Zero Dawn, including platinum trophy and the Frozen Wilds expansion, the last day before I left for the holidays so the timing is perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #24187  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Entropy Entropy is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Earth...ish
Favorite beer: The Meddler
Posts: 9,893
Default

I bought Beat Saber for PSVR. Fun times.
__________________
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #24188  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Arroway's Avatar
Arroway Arroway is offline
Member
CAS SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a house
Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine
Posts: 1,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I bought Beat Saber for PSVR. Fun times.
I've got PSVR, and I've heard that's pretty good, so I'll have to check it out.
__________________
Arroway, Injustice 2 Raid Leader

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Reply With Quote
  #24189  
Old 01-03-2019, 10:55 PM
The Wizard of Awe's Avatar
The Wizard of Awe The Wizard of Awe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Ended up buying Sea of Thieves last night for $30 after a couple other people I know also went in on it. Not sure it will be a long term game for me, but have enjoyed my time on it so far.
IMO, you should have gotten a Xbox Game Pass instead. Sea of Thieves is on there along with other great games.
Reply With Quote
  #24190  
Old 01-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Cavaliere Cavaliere is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I bought Beat Saber for PSVR. Fun times.
My girlfriend just bought me the PSVR for my birthday and we're thinking of getting this. I saw a gameplay footage and it looked tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
IMO, you should have gotten a Xbox Game Pass instead. Sea of Thieves is on there along with other great games.
Agreed, but it's too late now. At least he didn't pay full price.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.76483 seconds with 10 queries