Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-04-2019, 09:22 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliere View Post
My girlfriend just bought me the PSVR for my birthday and we're thinking of getting this. I saw a gameplay footage and it looked tough.
You can make it tough but there are easier settings too. Would recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:53 AM

Finished Yakuza Kiwami 1. Story wasn’t as good as Yakuza 0, but game was still plenty of fun. Gonna rest out some free games from PS+ I haven’t gotten to and others. Waiting for 1/25 and RE2 to come out.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:14 AM
SOA

Quote:
My girlfriend just bought me the PSVR for my birthday and we're thinking of getting this. I saw a gameplay footage and it looked tough.
Beat saber was really the only good VR game I played while I was hyped on VR. Haven't touched my Vive in months though, I'm sure a lot has changed and there are a bunch of new games now, but I just haven't felt the itch yet. For a while I had a bunch of custom songs imported it, but the last time I launched they didn't show up. I haven't looked into that yet, but it was probably just some update and I need to download some new file to make it work again, not sure.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:13 PM
SOA

Anybody play Black Ops 4: Blackout on the Xbox?
Old 01-07-2019, 01:22 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPim View Post
Beat saber was really the only good VR game I played while I was hyped on VR. Haven't touched my Vive in months though, I'm sure a lot has changed and there are a bunch of new games now, but I just haven't felt the itch yet. For a while I had a bunch of custom songs imported it, but the last time I launched they didn't show up. I haven't looked into that yet, but it was probably just some update and I need to download some new file to make it work again, not sure.
Soooo, we're ding dongs and didn't realize the VR set doesn't come with the VR controllers. We bought the game before we realized this. We looked into them and saw that they cost a decent amount. Will hold off a bit before buying them.

As for a VR game, i have to say I'm really enjoying Astro Bot. It's a cute and fun game that might entice you back to the VR. It came with the bundle my girlfriend got as well as Moss, which is similar to Astro Bot in terms of game play. I'd definitely recommend looking into it.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:15 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
My girlfriend just bought me the PSVR for my birthday and we're thinking of getting this.
I don't have a PSVR, but if I did - I'd look at the Zone of the Enders VR game. I enjoyed the ZotE, and would be curious on how it works in VR.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:37 PM
It's a funny name.

good grief is AC: Odyssey a big game.

I played more hours over Christmas than I feel comfortable counting(probably still less than some of you degenerates ). I'm one mercenary kill away from tier 6, I've taken out a dozen cultists, I just hit level 25 and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of this game.

I'm also loving every minute of it, so I'm happy that there's still a lot for me to do.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:06 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
good grief is AC: Odyssey a big game.

I played more hours over Christmas than I feel comfortable counting(probably still less than some of you degenerates ). I'm one mercenary kill away from tier 6, I've taken out a dozen cultists, I just hit level 25 and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of this game.

I'm also loving every minute of it, so I'm happy that there's still a lot for me to do.
Yeah, I didn't get to play much; I'm only level 16, but it is the game RDR was supposed to be.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:31 PM
CAS

Don't Starve Together was my weekend. I got home Friday, started playing Don't Starve Together with the SO, and then suddenly realized I had to go to work. I think I almost starved irl. Maybe the game is referring to how addicting it is, rather than trying not to die in the game. Though we did die in game a lot...

No spoilers plz! Discovery seems to be the fun part. I've spent a lot of time staring at resources needed for crafting and then running into the world trying to figure out what they could possibly be.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:37 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Don't Starve Together was my weekend. I got home Friday, started playing Don't Starve Together with the SO, and then suddenly realized I had to go to work. I think I almost starved irl. Maybe the game is referring to how addicting it is, rather than trying not to die in the game. Though we did die in game a lot...

No spoilers plz! Discovery seems to be the fun part. I've spent a lot of time staring at resources needed for crafting and then running into the world trying to figure out what they could possibly be.
Spoiler:
I love when I do something dumb and discover something I'd been looking for forever. Like when I decided the living trees were getting annoying, so I resorted to burning down the entire forest to kill them. I'd spent the whole game wondering what the hell that black rock was in crafting, and as trees burned it started falling to the ground. Charcoal. I could've been gathering loads of the crap all game but I'd never stood around and watched a tree burn before that point.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one