Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 06-15-2018, 01:24 PM
SOA

Just saw that Skyrim VR is on sale this week. I never got any of the DLC's nor did I finish the original game, so I'm very tempted to get it. Anyone played the VR version yet? Looking for feedback on ease of use and enjoyment in the different fighting styles, as my wife would be trying it too.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Non-Actuary

Studying for software developer
College: college of duh!

just started battle chasers nightwar, i really like it. it is scratching a turn based rpg itch that i have had this year.

"You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures." - Charles C. Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconceivable View Post
Does he math good?

I need a geek in the streets but a mathlete in the sheets.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I feel like you are literally the only person in the world that feels that. I have heard nothing but resounding excitement and praise for how that game looks (although I'm sure there are some detractors that I just haven't come across).

An Eidos Montreal (Tomb Raider) developer deleted a tweet where he said TLOU2 demo was "fake" in response to a tweet praising the visuals.

Personally, TLOU2 trailer was a highlight of E3 for me. If they showed more of Cyberpunk 2077, that's the only one that might have beaten it.
So, I should not trust the quality of images while streaming YouTube live on my smart tv. Since then, Iíve seen stills of TLOU2, and Ellie looks incredible as a character model.
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

Think I'm going to check out that Battle Chasers game. The universe is sending me signs to play it. And by that I mean I have never heard of the game until today and have seen it mentioned 5 separate times today.
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPim View Post
Just saw that Skyrim VR is on sale this week. I never got any of the DLC's nor did I finish the original game, so I'm very tempted to get it. Anyone played the VR version yet? Looking for feedback on ease of use and enjoyment in the different fighting styles, as my wife would be trying it too.
Just got this myself but haven't had time to get into Skyrim yet. I did play Thumper last night though and it was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Just got this myself but haven't had time to get into Skyrim yet. I did play Thumper last night though and it was awesome.
I picked it up too. First session was very nausea-inducing, but I'm keeping my hopes up. I plan to install a handful of mods soon, so that should make some aspects better. Very important to not use trackpad movement... pretty unusable IMO

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one