Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 10-16-2019, 02:08 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsafdsa View Post
8:30? Dafuq?
Meh. I get up at 5:00 AM. And I usually read for about an hour in bed before I fall asleep.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:15 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyalDragon View Post
Just went back through the whole thread, and I owe you an apology. I was 99% certain it wasn't me that started the sniping, but it appears it was HL that started in on me with the snark and then I transferred that to you somewhere in the midst of it. Sorry (I blame Halloween and all the avatar changes)
How do you figure this? I mean, yeah, I made one slightly snarky "women amirite?" comment... but you had already made several posts telling people they were "overthinking" and criticizing other people for their approaches or for sharing their experiences and perspectives on the division of labor. And you didn't limit that "overthinking" condescension to just me or NA - you spread that around to several people and were quite dismissive of their points.

I'm not even going to get into all your snide "angry yogurt eating" comments, which are so far off base that it's actually funny.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:24 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for More Money
Favorite beer: Wurzel Bier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Helena was wearing Nerd Alert's avatar for a while. You might well have confused the two. (So the red font may be unneeded.)
Yet another reason why we shouldn't change avatars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary321 View Post
I would really hate to bring Pokémon to a gun fight.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:42 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Assuming your husband is forgetting things because of his ADHD, and something like a shopping list wouldn't help because of it, then one thing that would be good is to buy frozen vegetables and frozen meals when you shop. If he forgets the sides, you have something that can be added to the meal. If he forgets to start dinner early enough, you have something to eat, and you still have leftovers later. Seems like that would reduce the mental effort of worrying about being able to eat what you want each day.
We usually have some kind of back-up food available. It's a process, so I'm pretty supportive. He's getting better, his shopping has improved and he's getting better at including veggies. His biggest hurdle is the timing. Sometimes he gets distracted and doesn't start prepping and cooking on time, sometimes he gets hyper-focused looking at recipes and doesn't start prepping and cooking on time! He does better when he's using the instant Pot, where he can just set the time and it yells at him when it's done. His biggest hurdle really is estimating the amount of time it is going to take him to wash and cut the veggies. It will come with practice.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:46 PM
SOA

Studying for the hell of it...
College: AASU
Favorite beer: This one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
Yet another reason why we shouldn't change avatars!

Old 10-16-2019, 03:51 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
How do you figure this? I mean, yeah, I made one slightly snarky "women amirite?" comment... but you had already made several posts telling people they were "overthinking" and criticizing other people for their approaches or for sharing their experiences and perspectives on the division of labor. And you didn't limit that "overthinking" condescension to just me or NA - you spread that around to several people and were quite dismissive of their points.

I'm not even going to get into all your snide "angry yogurt eating" comments, which are so far off base that it's actually funny.
I was purposely being snarky to you, mostly because a lot of the time I assume you are trolling or being contradictory just for giggles. So I don't take very many of your comments seriously.

On a serious note though, if your husband usually cooks and frequently has dinner ready late and eating late is a physical issue for you (heartburn sucks) you should have a conversation about it if you haven't already. I'm assuming you've probably had the conversation at least once, and just not understanding why you put up with it.

And the snide angry yogurt eating comments were meant to be funny, although maybe not necessarily funny "to you", since they were at your expense.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:54 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
We usually have some kind of back-up food available. It's a process, so I'm pretty supportive. He's getting better, his shopping has improved and he's getting better at including veggies. His biggest hurdle is the timing. Sometimes he gets distracted and doesn't start prepping and cooking on time, sometimes he gets hyper-focused looking at recipes and doesn't start prepping and cooking on time! He does better when he's using the instant Pot, where he can just set the time and it yells at him when it's done. His biggest hurdle really is estimating the amount of time it is going to take him to wash and cut the veggies. It will come with practice.
I suggest a stash of <insert favorite Little Debbie snack> hidden behind the couch so you can sneak a snack while he isn't looking.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:14 PM
CAS

College: Jamba Juice University
Favorite beer: AO Amber Ale

Save yourself the trouble and hire a professional to do all this stuff. Leave the parenting to those who are trained to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmeister General View Post
Don't you even think about sending me your resume. I'll turn it into an origami boulder and return it to you.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:03 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Smoothie View Post
Save yourself the trouble and hire a professional to do all this stuff. Leave the parenting to those who are trained to do it.
Or just save the trouble and don't have kids.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:35 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsafdsa View Post
Or just save the trouble and don't have kids.
Or just be homeless so you don't have to worry about household chores. If finding a new refrigerator box to live in is your only chore, it won't be a big deal to share it...