Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > VEE > Finance
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 04-20-2020, 05:02 PM
CAS

Default Coaching Actuaries - Acct & Finance

Since we are able to take the Coaching Actuaries Accounting and Finance VEE exam remotely, I am thinking of taking this now instead of CPCU 540. Has anyone had any experience with the course and exam?

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2020, 10:53 PM
CAS SOA

College: Drake University

No experience with that but might I suggest TIA instead? I designed the course and tried to make it as painless as possible while still being educational. You can take the final remotely with us too and the course is completely self-contained so you won't need to buy any additional materials.

Last edited by SOAslayer; 06-03-2020 at 07:48 PM..
Old 06-04-2020, 06:08 PM
CAS SOA

College: Drake University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrqhrd91 View Post
Since we are able to take the Coaching Actuaries Accounting and Finance VEE exam remotely, I am thinking of taking this now instead of CPCU 540. Has anyone had any experience with the course and exam?

Thanks!
Thanks for your interest in Coaching Actuaries VEE Accounting and Finance course.

On average, it takes about 30 hours or less to complete each VEE course. We also provide complimentary remote proctoring services for the final exam. Students receive a 60% discount on the course.

Note that our VEE instructor, Mike Carmody, is also the instructor for our IFM course. In his videos, from time to time, Mike shares his experience applying some of the concepts taught in practice.

Also, for VEE Finance, two out of the five topics in the course directly come from our IFM course. If you have not taken IFM, then you will get to have a head start on your IFM prep by learning these two topics from VEE Finance. If you have taken IFM, then these two topics would be topics that you are already familiar with, and thus you can get through them quicker.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Last edited by tkt; 06-04-2020 at 11:26 PM..