Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > VEE > Economics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Non-Actuary

College: UMass Amherst
Favorite beer: Paper City Dam Ale
Lightbulb VEE Economics in Timeline and On-Demand Formats from ACTEX Learning

ACTEX Learning is pleased to offer VEE Microeconomics and VEE Macroeconomics
Two Complete Online Economics Courses in both:
Traditional “Timeline” and Convenient “On-Demand” Formats

SOA and CAS Approved for VEE Credit

Course Instructor: John Perry, Ph.D.

The On-Demand courses are designed to be taken completely at your own pace! Complete the course in one week, or in twenty-five weeks...it's your choice! The traditional timeline courses are designed to be a more tightly-scheduled course for those that prefer the more collegiate experience.

SUMMARY: Microeconomics
This online course provides a foundation in microeconomic terminology, models, and analysis. The core ideas of supply and demand are developed and applied. In particular, how rational consumers interact in markets to maximize utility with firms seeking to maximize profits under different market structure is explored. The topics of elasticity, long run and short run choices, the impact and role of taxes and government intervention, and externalities on markets are treated.

The depth of the course is comparable to a one-semester, undergraduate course in microeconomics. Successful students will learn microeconomic concepts and how they are applicable in actuarial work.
The next Timeline format Microeconomics course dates are:
Course Dates: September 13, 2017 - November 7, 2017
Examination Date (Paper Exam): November 14, 2017
Final Examination Week (CBT Exam): 11/11 - 11/19/2017

SUMMARY: Macroeconomics
This online course provides a foundation in macroeconomic terminology, models, and analysis. How the macro economy is measured, tracked and modeled and the effects of fiscal and monetary policy on aggregate markets are covered. In addition, the topics of growth, inflation, unemployment, international trade, exchange rates, and the money market are treated.

The depth of the course is comparable to a one-semester, undergraduate course in macroeconomics. Successful students will learn macroeconomic concepts and how they are applicable in actuarial work.
The next Timeline format Macroeconomics course dates are:
Course Dates: October 11, 2017 - December 5, 2017
Examination Date (Paper Exam): December 12, 2017
Final Examination Week (CBT Exam): 12/9 - 12/17/2017

COURSE STRUCTURE

These courses are partitioned into eight topic modules containing the following resources:
• Assigned Readings
• Instructor notes
• Video Lectures
• Suggested Practice Problems (with full solutions)
• Assigned Graded Homework
• One-on-one Instructor Support
• Discussion Forums

All-inclusive Course Bundles: Course fee includes everything needed to complete these courses!

Included Course Materials: Sapling Subscription (comes with e-book of Economics, 3rd Edition, by Paul Krugman and Robin Wells).

“Hi Dr. Perry, thanks for the quick turn around on grading! I just wanted to say thank you for answering all my questions about the material. I really enjoyed your lecture videos. They were very interesting and covered the main points of the material in my opinion. It was a solid course!”
– VEE Microeconomics On-Demand Student

Please visit ACTEX Economics Courses to enroll today: www.actexmadriver.com

COMMUNICATION WITH THE INSTRUCTOR

Discussion Forum and Virtual Office Hours
Each module has a dedicated discussion forum for public questions about the course material. The instructor will normally respond to questions within 24 hours.

If you have any questions for Dr. Perry at this time, please send them to him directly at ACTEXEcon@gmail.com.

Virtual office hours will be available for the student to discuss the course topics one-on-one with instructor. Virtual office hours are identical to in-person office hours as they allow students to ask course related questions and receive immediate feedback from the instructor. Office hours will be conducted online through the course website which can be accessed on any device with an Internet connection.

Email and Phone
The instructor will respond to student emails throughout the course normally within 24 hours. Course questions of a general nature should be posted in the discussion forums. By appointment, the instructor will also be available by phone for student questions.

Last edited by Alan.Actex; 08-14-2017 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Updated Course Dates
Old 08-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Non-Actuary

College: UMass Amherst
Favorite beer: Paper City Dam Ale
Lightbulb This post has been updated with new course dates

Hey Now everyone, I've updated this post with new course dates for ACTEX Econ Courses. (Recycle!) Take a look and let me know if you have any questions. Please let me know how I can be of service to you! Thank you,

Click to view our Actuarial eLearning Offerings:
Webinars | Exam Prep | VEE Courses

Tags
actex, cas approved, soa approved, vee economics