Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > VEE > Economics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 03-09-2018, 06:01 PM
SOA

College: master
Default to meet Apr 27 deadline, when should I take CELP macro micro econ?

I am done with everything but VEE Macro and Micro econ.
I plan on taking CLEP for both and considering transcript delivery time and all that, when should I take it to meet the Apr 27 deadline ?How long does it take to get the transcript delivered to SOA?
Old 03-10-2018, 08:41 PM
SOA AAA ASPPA

Yes, you should absolutely do them right now. I am doing them now and plan to take both of them before end of March. 4/27 is the application deadline. I think you can apply after your exam but before your transcript is sent to SOA. It usually takes SOA ~ 4-6 weeks to post the VEE grade after receiving the official grade from any institute.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:04 AM
SOA

College: Dartmouth College

I am unclear, because I am about to finish the coaching actuaries self paced course in Finance, but I still have my Econ VEEs to finish. I was planning on studying for a three day weekend at the end of March and take both.

It was my understanding as long as we submit our credit applications by April 27th, we are ok? So if I take the exams, get my grade slips (since CLEP is instant) I can then submit the application, regardless of the lag that it takes to show the grade on the transcripts?

At least that was my understanding.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:16 AM
SOA

College: master

RamenBoy . CLEP says it takes 3 to 4 weeks for them to mail an official transcript, so I think the last week of Mar is the last chance to take the test.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:06 PM
SOA

College: Dartmouth College

Heroine1119, where did you get those timelines? I passed Clep Micro today and the screen at the end said that the scores should reach my institution within 5 days. ( oh it was very easy, studied for 4 days, got a 74. Probably didn't need to study as much as I did)

On the official Clep Faq, it states "If your institution has not received your score report or transcript within 7-10 business days after you have taken your exam, contact CLEP customer service at 800-257-9558." Which I take to mean that the score report should have been delivered well before 7-10 business days.

I took Micro today, but with my CA corporate finance final coming up, I don't think I will have time to take Macro before the 1st week in April, so I am hoping to still make it.

I would hate to not get my ASA in time due to administrative lag.