Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 09-09-2013, 10:36 AM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Row View Post
I'm not sure the hype has died - every time I look at twitch there seems to be more viewers than last time. I don't think it was a good idea for Blizzard to have more than a week or two beta since the game doesn't seem like it needed it. I'm getting a bit burned out on the game through just watching it, and my interest is waning. However, with that said, I'm definitely going to play.
Well I'll be playing too when it comes out, but my interest in watching is basically zero since I haven't actually gotten to play heh.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: ESB

I got a beta key last week. It is very fun and if you're in to being a completionist then it will be forever before yo have all the gold cards.

Exams: P FM MFE C MLC?
Old 10-09-2013, 12:47 PM
SOA AAA

I finally got a beta key yesterday (one day after my exam, good timing!) Went 0-3 in my first arena. Looks like I'm too terrible to go infinite so time to pull out the ol' credit card.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: the one you're buying me

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbies View Post
I finally got a beta key yesterday (one day after my exam, good timing!) Went 0-3 in my first arena. Looks like I'm too terrible to go infinite so time to pull out the ol' credit card.
Fresh meat!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:33 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: ESB

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbies View Post

Luckily they did raise the rewards for 4-6 wins. It used to be terrible for any less than 7. I've paid for a few arenas myself but no packs. After a few arenas and playing regular games occasionally then it's not too difficult to pay for all arenas in gold only.

Exams: P FM MFE C MLC?
Old 10-14-2013, 11:25 AM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathandBikes View Post

Luckily they did raise the rewards for 4-6 wins. It used to be terrible for any less than 7. I've paid for a few arenas myself but no packs. After a few arenas and playing regular games occasionally then it's not too difficult to pay for all arenas in gold only.
I played a lot this weekend. I'm not quite up to the 70% win rate needed to go infinite, but it definitely seems attainable.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 PM
CAS

Studying for Survivor Fantasy Football
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

will definitely try this out when I get a beta key. arena looks really fun.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 AM

I've played quite a bit of Hearthstone and I enjoy the game, though there is a significant amount of luck involved. With that said, there is a good amount of skill, especially regarding controlling the pace of the game. I mostly do arena, and after keeping track for a number of attempts I average about 45g per pack, compared to purchasing the pack outright for about 100g.

They're going to have continual balance issues, but they have an easy way of correcting the problem and have already made changes to cards.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:01 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Row View Post
I've played quite a bit of Hearthstone and I enjoy the game, though there is a significant amount of luck involved. With that said, there is a good amount of skill, especially regarding controlling the pace of the game. I mostly do arena, and after keeping track for a number of attempts I average about 45g per pack, compared to purchasing the pack outright for about 100g.

They're going to have continual balance issues, but they have an easy way of correcting the problem and have already made changes to cards.
So your average pack cost is calculated by total packs won * 100 - cost of arena entries?

I don't think I have as high of a win rate as you, but at least I'm consistenly getting 5-3 or higher now. I've gotten a few 9-2's, but nothing better.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:12 PM
CAS

I'm so jelly!