Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 10-11-2017, 01:12 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Finished quite high ranked in solo, doubles, and squad FPP in PUBG last season for NA. They don't really mean much at all, but still kinda cool.
That is pretty cool.

I've watched PUBG, and it's interesting to watch. Its not a game for me, but that's OK. [Like watching people say - there's someone over there by the farm house - and I can't see anything.]
Old 10-11-2017, 01:29 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
That is pretty cool.

I've watched PUBG, and it's interesting to watch. Its not a game for me, but that's OK. [Like watching people say - there's someone over there by the farm house - and I can't see anything.]
Streams are tough in that regard because the quality you are watching in is always lower than what they see on their raw monitor (especially since most streamers have beast setups).
Old 10-16-2017, 04:07 PM
SOA

I'm pretty sure my "main" in D2 is now the Titan, which is at 290. Hunter and Warlock are at 286 and 289 respectively. Guess I need to finally complete a Nightfall and give the raid a shot
Old 10-16-2017, 04:11 PM

SOUTH PARK GAME!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 04:36 PM
It's a funny name.

thanks for the reminder to pre-order and get the extra swag.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I'm pretty sure my "main" in D2 is now the Titan, which is at 290. Hunter and Warlock are at 286 and 289 respectively. Guess I need to finally complete a Nightfall and give the raid a shot
My main is my warlock at 303, but somehow my titan and hunter both jumped it; the titan's at 304, and the hunter's at 302 (but the hunter is only lower than the warlock because of how I've balanced their weapons). I think my titan is my strongest pve build and the hunter's my best pvp. I've only finished two raid stages, and never finished a nightfall, but I really want to get through the whole raid.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:03 PM

Favorite beer: pilseners

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
That is pretty cool.

My brother finally convinced me to buy this last night. I've been holding off because shooters are not my cup of tea, but I like him and his friends a lot.

A couple things I really like:
1) The solo/couplet/squad Deathmatch means you don't have to put up with people you don't like. (basically the worst thing about online gaming)

2) The game is over pretty fast, unlike say Rust.

3) The longer the game lasts, the closer you get to winning, the more exciting it gets.

4) It's actually pretty n00b friendly. Despite being pretty bad at shooting, looting, stealthiness, (basically everything) I did OKAY with just some common sense and paying attention.

Unlike a game like counter-strike, it's not all fighting skills...The guy with the best gun, best hiding place, fastest draw, and sharpest aim only usually wins. Other times someone walks up and hits him with a machete when he's trying to loot a house.
Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.

Last edited by Sredni Vashtar; 10-16-2017 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 07:10 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Vashtar View Post
My brother finally convinced me to buy this last night. I've been holding off because shooters are not my cup of tea, but I like him and his friends a lot.

A couple things I really like:
1) The solo/couplet/squad Deathmatch means you don't have to put up with people you don't like. (basically the worst thing about online gaming)

2) The game is over pretty fast, unlike say Rust.

3) The longer the game lasts, the closer you get to winning, the more exciting it gets.

4) It's actually pretty n00b friendly. Despite being pretty bad at shooting, looting, stealthiness, (basically everything) I did OKAY with just some common sense and paying attention.

Unlike a game like counter-strike, it's not all fighting skills...The guy with the best gun, best hiding place, fastest draw, and sharpest aim only usually wins. Other times someone walks up and hits him with a machete when he's trying to loot a house.
Glad you have enjoyed it! I've put a bunchhhh of hours into PUBG already, lemme know if you have any questions, I know the map extremely well and know many ins and out details. Winning lost a touch of the rush I got the first couple months, but a couple times a play session it still gives me that big adrenaline rush when making hard decisions or fighting those crucial battles or tough shots. I still remember my first frag in the game and how I got my first chicken dinner!

In other news, I hit Champion rank in Rocket League!!! Only for a couple games though before I dropped out. Still pretty proud, but in order to get the rewards (swag) of being champion rank you need to get 12 wins while being at the rank and I only got 2 before dropping back to Diamond. I'm nearly always the worst mechanical player in the game, I really need to improve and was watching a couple advanced tutorials on things I need to start incorporating into my game.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:32 AM
It's a funny name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
SOUTH PARK GAME!!!
I logged about an hour on this game last night. Overall, solid game. much fun. very wow.

There's a new leveling system, seems like it might be a bit more grindy to get high level. Fight mechanics are different, but reasonably intuitive. I think once I really get the hang of it, it will be better than the last one. They've introduced a crafting system which looks to have taken over from simply buying better weapons, which I haven't really gotten into yet. Could be cool, jury is still out there.

Outside of the fights, the game is very similar to Stick of Truth. Similar mechanics, identical graphics, same kind of humor (I llol'd a couple times)... it really just feels like you're playing through a different episode of South Park. I have no issue with that and look forward to achieving the platinum trophy.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Looking forward to some quality time with the game this weekend.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one