Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Diversions
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 09-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Free Mason

Studying for Let me worry about blank
Favorite beer: Trappistes Rochefort 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetripper View Post
As was pointed out in the group chat shooting Muggle Actuary may have been the only correct answer at that point. I don't know if she had said she would shoot RDO before or after you killed WW but if we knew she should shot RDO on FFF she is the one you needed to take out.

We probably still lose as you look total Fascist shooting a random person who had hardly been seriously discussed and then I also look bad and WW looks good.

But it would have given you the presidency again which probably got voted down, then it would have hinged on who El Ducky picked whether or not his government got green lighted.
I can't objectively say who I would have picked at this point.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:27 PM
CAS

Quote:
As was pointed out in the group chat shooting Muggle Actuary may have been the only correct answer at that point. I don't know if she had said she would shoot RDO before or after you killed WW but if we knew she should shot RDO on FFF she is the one you needed to take out.

We probably still lose as you look total Fascist shooting a random person who had hardly been seriously discussed and then I also look bad and WW looks good.

But it would have given you the presidency again which probably got voted down, then it would have hinged on who El Ducky picked whether or not his government got green lighted.
Luckily for us, my definitive answer to AS's question of what I'd do if I got FFF ("Shoot RDO") was being typed as DW posted the election had passed, and so cross posted.

I looked back and I had been pretty consistent in calling him Hitler at that point. My example for DW killing me hand of God was "AS shoots RDO, and the bullet passes right through and takes out MH as well".
Old 09-18-2017, 05:34 PM
ASPPA COPA

Studying for Nothing.
Favorite beer: Massive Quantities

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuggleActuary View Post
Luckily for us, my definitive answer to AS's question of what I'd do if I got FFF ("Shoot RDO") was being typed as DW posted the election had passed, and so cross posted.

I looked back and I had been pretty consistent in calling him Hitler at that point. My example for DW killing me hand of God was "AS shoots RDO, and the bullet passes right through and takes out MH as well".
I guess it didn't matter after AS was quick to shoot WW.

Maybe if we had some discussion of who you would nominate and why and who you would shoot before AS pulled the trigger it might have been different but by the time you posted you would shoot RDO on FFF AS had long since pulled the trigger on WW and you had already nominated ED so the wheels were in motion unless we could convince you to look for a better target than RDO - either you were going to get FFL and you and El Ducky would have passed the 5th policy or you were going to get FFF and shoot Hitler.

At the time I was thrilled that WW was shot but when it started to look like your presidency had support I got worried.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:40 PM
CAS

Quote:
I guess it didn't matter after AS was quick to shoot WW.

Maybe if we had some discussion of who you would nominate and why and who you would shoot before AS pulled the trigger it might have been different but by the time you posted you would shoot RDO on FFF AS had long since pulled the trigger on WW and you had already nominated ED so the wheels were in motion unless we could convince you to look for a better target than RDO - either you were going to get FFL and you and El Ducky would have passed the 5th policy or you were going to get FFF and shoot Hitler.

At the time I was thrilled that WW was shot but when it started to look like your presidency had support I got worried.
Yeah, I was surprised I was able to get support. It seemed taken for granted that I was getting skipped. My team really didn't deserve me
Old 09-18-2017, 06:30 PM

No way I can shoot MA there and get an F win. That would have given the libs the three Fs, and they were still up 4-3 in voters. MH was the only option beside WW. At least he was an arguable Hitler.