Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > MAS-I
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

2017 ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

MAS-I Old Exam S Forum

Old 01-16-2018, 12:15 PM

Default Available Now: New MAS-I ASM Manuals

Available now: NEW MAS-I ASM manuals including flashcards and Study+! Available only through ACTEX and The Actuarial Bookstore.

The NEW ASM Study Manual for CAS Exam MAS-I Study Manual has been written to guide students through this new exam. Portions of the ASM for CAS S manual that are still relevant to exam MAS-I are included along with notes and practice problems covering new reading material. The manual does provide complete coverage of the new exam syllabus, covering the topics in 64 lessons with the following major topics:

Probability Models: Poisson processes, Markov chains, reliability theory, and life contingencies, simulation
Statistics
Extended linear models
Time series with constant variance

This 1st Edition has 1266 pages and includes SIX practice exams with complete solutions. The manual includes about 1100 exercises (provided in sections after each lesson), with 600 of them being original. Solutions to the exercises are included.

StudyPlus+ online tools are included with your purchase of this study manual:
Virtual eFlashcards
Actuarial exam and career strategy guides
Technical skill eLearning tools
Samples of Supplemental Texts & Study Tools
And more!

StudyPlus+ access is provided to customers of the printed manual for 12 months. Access codes are included within printed study manuals on a fluorescent yellow or green page, near the front of the manual. Digital manual customers gain access to StudyPlus+ immediately upon confirmation of an order, for a duration matching the digital manual license (including any extensions.)

This manual is written for the purpose of exam preparation and to sufficiently cover all of the material you will need to work out exam questions. It is important to note that the manual does not cover R, as exams do you expect you to program in R. If you are looking to gain some further insight into R, you are encouraged to go through the labs in An Introduction to Statistical Learning in order to learn how to use R to carry out the methods discussed in this course.

Tags
actex, asm, mas-i