Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Long-Term Actuarial Math
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Life, Health & Pension

Health Actuary Jobs
Insurance & Consulting jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Actuarial Recruitment
Visit DW Simpson's website for more info.
www.dwsimpson.com/about

Casualty Jobs
Property & Casualty jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Long-Term Actuarial Math Old Exam MLC Forum

Old 02-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Non-Actuary

Default ACTEX MLC Spring 2017 Study Manual is Available!

ACTEX Study Manual for SOA Exam MLC, Spring 2017 Edition, With Bonus Formula Card!

View Sample

The ACTEX MLC authors had students in mind when designing and writing this manual. It focuses on providing the understanding that is required to solve practical problems in an exam setting. Theoretical concepts are introduced through motivating examples to make learning as direct as possible.

"I found the ACTEX Exam MLC Study Manual to be very helpful at simplifying difficult concepts, and it also provided lots of examples for practice."

-- MLC Student

Published in spiral-bound volumes, this manual covers all topics in the current SOA Exam MLC syllabus. Old exam problems that are applicable to the current exam syllabi are integrated into the text as an additional teaching opportunity. Each chapter then concludes with practice problems. At the end of the manual there are complete sample exams offering additional practice.

This edition has been updated for the spring 2017 SOA MLC Exam AND includes a BONUS Formula Card!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ACTEX%20MLC%20Study%20Manual%20Sample.pdf (376.9 KB, 296 views)
www.ActexMadRiver.com
Visit ACTEX_Pubs on Twitter & Facebook
Old 02-22-2017, 03:33 AM
CAS SOA

Studying for Predictive Analytics& FAP
College: Roosevelt University Alumnus '10
Favorite beer: Jawa Juice
Default Highly recommended

I highly recommend Actex. I have used other study manuals and Actex does the best job at teaching the material. It was what I found myself going back to when after I started missing questions practice exams. I found the diagrams and explanations were the clearest and most precise explanations to understand as a student. Each concept is always supported with an ample number of different examples.

I was able to grasp the most difficult concepts like percentiles and probabilities for insurance, mortality, annuities and premiums. Authors give excellent support on the material by responding to content related questions within 24-48 hours via email and often provided a handout to accompany an explanation.

I passed MLC on my first try with a 6 and skipped an entire written question with 15 minutes remaining because I was confident that my attempted points would add up to a passing score. Thanks to Actex for publishing another outstanding study manual.
Advanced:FAP, PA
Seminar: APC

Tags
actex, mlc, spring 2017, study guide, study manual