Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > VEE > Finance
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Non-Actuary

College: UMass Amherst
Favorite beer: Paper City Dam Ale
Lightbulb ACTEX Announces Remote Proctoring Option with ProctorU!

Hello Actuarial Students! ACTEX is pleased to announce that we have approved ProctorU to provide the option of remote proctoring services for all of our VEE computer-based final exams.

Please read more about it on our all-new ACTEX Learning Blog!

There is a small fee of $28 for a two-hour exam, but there are several notable conveniences this service offers.

• You don't need to find or submit a proctor for approval if you choose ProctorU
• You can take your exam whenever you are ready, just make an appointment with 72-hours advance notice*
• You don't have to travel, you can take your exam in the comfort of your home or office**
• You don't have to request two-hours of an actuary's time to monitor your exam

*You can take your exam immediately for an additional $12 "Take it Now!" convenience fee.
**Really any private space, as long as you have high-speed Internet access.

Note: ACTEX does NOT profit from your use of this service. We have simply pre-approved ProctorU based on price, user-experience and their solid reputation.

At ACTEX Learning, we serve the world with exceptional, actuarially-focused VEE courses.

We have noticed that many of our highly-valued international students were having difficulty finding appropriate proctors for testing. We LISTENED to our students and found a new option to meet their needs. Students are still able to find their own proctor if they wish. Here's what one student had to say:

“ProctorU was great! It allowed me to have a flexible time and location to take the final exam. At the beginning, my computer wasn’t recording any sounds from me, however, the problem was quickly resolved by the ProctorU technician. During the exam, the proctor did not distract me at all. Their instructions at the start and end of the exam were clear. I was excited by using ProctorU!"
– ACTEX eLearning VEE Corporate Finance Student

Please review the attached "ProctorU FAQ" frequently asked questions, and if you need any information please contact: OnlineCourses@ACTEXMadRiver.com

Last edited by Alan.Actex; 03-28-2017 at 11:59 AM..

Tags
actex, proctoru, vee