Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Exam 3/MLC - Actuarial Models
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

2017 ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Old 01-04-2018, 01:36 PM
CAS SOA

College: Drake University
Default Adapt LTAM and more now available from Coaching Actuaries!

We are excited to announce our brand new online manual, video lessons, and Adapt for Exam LTAM. You can learn more about these products here.

The online manual is written by the Coaching Actuaries team. It has 12 sections, and covers everything that you need to know for the LTAM exam. It teaches the concepts concisely and then illustrates how to apply them with examples. The manual's sections will be available on a stage-released basis. Section 1 - 9 and 11 are now available, and other sections will be available in the next few months.

The video lessons are instructed by Dave Kester, FSA, MAAA. Since 2010, Dave a.k.a Coach K has helped thousands of students pass Exam FM. Dave is also the instructor for P, FM, and STAM. Check out the sample video here.

Adapt sections will be available on a stage-released basis. Most sections are now available. The sections on the new topics will be available by 6/1/2018. Full exams will not be available until 6/1/2018. Prior to 6/1/2018, Adapt users can generate topic quizzes to practice .

Here is a link to the product release schedule.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are here to help prepare for the new LTAM exam!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:29 PM
SOA

Studying for LTAM
College: UALR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkt View Post
We are excited to announce our brand new online manual, video lessons, and Adapt for Exam LTAM. You can learn more about these products here.

The online manual is written by the Coaching Actuaries team. It has 12 sections, and covers everything that you need to know for the LTAM exam. It teaches the concepts concisely and then illustrates how to apply them with examples. The manual's sections will be available on a stage-released basis. Section 1 - 9 and 11 are now available, and other sections will be available in the next few months.

The video lessons are instructed by Dave Kester, FSA, MAAA. Since 2010, Dave a.k.a Coach K has helped thousands of students pass Exam FM. Dave is also the instructor for P, FM, and STAM. Check out the sample video here.

Adapt sections will be available on a stage-released basis. Most sections are now available. The sections on the new topics will be available by 6/1/2018. Full exams will not be available until 6/1/2018. Prior to 6/1/2018, Adapt users can generate topic quizzes to practice .

Here is a link to the product release schedule.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are here to help prepare for the new LTAM exam!
I've opened up the free trial to look at the manual and it looks pretty easy to follow. If I understand this right, there are not practice problems in the manual, but instead we are supposed to use Adapt. Do the sections in Adapt correlate to the sections in the manual? For example, Section 1.2 is Survival Model: Force of Mortality....is there a section just on "Survival Model: Force of Mortality" in Adapt?
Old 01-18-2018, 10:46 PM
CAS SOA

College: Drake University

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrbaxfan View Post
I've opened up the free trial to look at the manual and it looks pretty easy to follow. If I understand this right, there are not practice problems in the manual, but instead we are supposed to use Adapt. Do the sections in Adapt correlate to the sections in the manual? For example, Section 1.2 is Survival Model: Force of Mortality....is there a section just on "Survival Model: Force of Mortality" in Adapt?
Yes, the Adapt sections correlate to the sections in the manual.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:02 AM
SOA

Studying for LTAM
College: UALR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkt View Post
Yes, the Adapt sections correlate to the sections in the manual.
Excellent! I assumed that would be the case, but I wanted to confirm before placing my order. Thanks for answering my question!