Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytcs Recruitment
Download our 2017 Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 06-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Eddie Smith
SOA AAA

College: UGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childish Gambino View Post
For those that use it, is it easy to go find an recover a single file from your Blackblaze backup?
Yes

Backblaze has been around for a long time and has a large user base. It's easy and cheap, and makes backup mindless, which is why it works. I wouldn't overthink it. If you need unlimited backup that just works and runs in the background, I wouldn't overthink it. Just get it.

Learn how FSA exams are different from the prelims

We have your exam covered:

LP | LFV-U | LFV-C | LRM | ERM | QFI Core | QFI Adv | QFI IRM | G&H Core | G&H Adv | G&H Sp

Check out our Technical Skills Course and our new R Course!

Connect on Twitter, Facebook, & LinkedIn
Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by E View Post
Backblaze has been around for a long time and has a large user base. It's easy and cheap, and makes backup mindless, which is why it works. I wouldn't overthink it. If you need unlimited backup that just works and runs in the background AND have sufficient upload bandwidth relative to the volume of your data, I wouldn't overthink it. Just get it.
IFYP.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:56 AM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooHoo View Post
I am trying to decide between backblaze and idrive, but thought I would come here for some advice.

1) I am looking for set and forget
2) I am fairly certain the 5 TB iDrive plan should be sufficient
3) I have 4 computers total to back-up
4) 3 of the 4 computers are in the same residence so are networked via a homegroup.

If it is possible for me to set-up automatic back-ups from 2 of the 3 networked computers to the 3rd networked computer or wirelessly to an external hard drive, then backblaze with 2 devices is likely the best option because it offers more storage space. Otherwise, iDrive seems like the most cost-effective for now.

Can I do the former?