Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Prestige 20 and working on chapter IV of the season and just started on T1. Need to figure out how to ramp up this difficulty to T4 so I can net that free set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:02 AM
SOA

4/6 pieces of the free set w/ bonus helped me get to T3, now the challenge will be to figure out how to farm for better legendary (primal/ancient?) or fill out another 2 piece set for another bonus even once I get the other 2/6 for the free one. Safe to say this is the farthest into endgame I've ever ventured, pretty fun.

Quote:
Quote:
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:05 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelian Grape View Post
My phases are:
1. Get to 70
2. Get the free set
3. Grind bounties for mats and early legendaries (in this particular season, I stacked 50 TX caches for Avarice so now I have mats up the ass)
3.1. Start extracting all the legendarys into the cube that I can
4. Start rifting for stones then grifting for levels/items
5. Once you have all the items you need, start fine tuning via rerolls
6. Grift for gem levels
7. Season Journey
Or maybe back to this handy guide, I'm sitting at 3.1/4. I did end up getting my first 2 legendary gems, the greed one and another with elite kill bonus. Still not seeing quite the benefit out of them yet but I'm swimming in gold.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2018, 09:06 AM
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS

What class are you using?
Old 07-16-2018, 11:25 AM
SOA

Monk.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2018, 11:38 AM
CAS

That's probably the only class I never went deep in a season with, so I can't really give you much advice with that.

What I will say is that the first gem you get (the one that gives a damage boost to elites) is good to start off with. One of the other gems that's been common among all the other classes I've used is the green one that gives you a damage boost to nearby CC'd targets.

I'd imagine the yellow one with a stacking damage boost for each attack works well for monk too.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelian Grape View Post
That's probably the only class I never went deep in a season with, so I can't really give you much advice with that.

What I will say is that the first gem you get (the one that gives a damage boost to elites) is good to start off with. One of the other gems that's been common among all the other classes I've used is the green one that gives you a damage boost to nearby CC'd targets.

I'd imagine the yellow one with a stacking damage boost for each attack works well for monk too.
Yeah, bane of the trapped and bane of the stricken are pretty much a go-to for free sets.

Icy Veins has gem discussion towards the bottom.
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-le...-6-1-season-14
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 07-16-2018, 12:02 PM
SOA

Got distracted by legendary potions, didn't realize that was even a thing but it's unclear if they even still exist?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2018, 12:03 PM
CAS

They still exist
Old 07-16-2018, 01:14 PM
SOA

Can't wait to find one then, don't think I've seen one drop yet.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: