Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Long-Term Actuarial Math
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Long-Term Actuarial Math Old Exam MLC Forum

Old 10-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Non-Actuary

College: Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuarial Brewski View Post
Everyone should have 2 sections blank on the front, "Test Code" and "Form Code".

So no worries there mate!
That's what I thought as well, thank you!
Old 10-30-2019, 12:06 PM
SOA

Does anyone feel like they definitely passed this sitting? I feel fairly confident (with an estimated range of 56-70), but I don't want to be devastated if a pass doesn't come in January. However, I haven't really heard anyone say they've definitively passed, which gives me more confidence.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:27 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuarialSwagger View Post
Does anyone feel like they definitely passed this sitting? I feel fairly confident (with an estimated range of 56-70), but I don't want to be devastated if a pass doesn't come in January. However, I haven't really heard anyone say they've definitively passed, which gives me more confidence.

I feel extremely confident that I passed. I got a 5 last time, and definitely over-studied for this one. But I donít see how I scored less than a 67 at the lowest. Iíd put my range at 67-84
Old 10-30-2019, 12:36 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetIt View Post
I feel extremely confident that I passed. I got a 5 last time, and definitely over-studied for this one. But I donít see how I scored less than a 67 at the lowest. Iíd put my range at 67-84
Thanks for the response, and good work! How do you think the pass mark will be compared to the last sitting? I've heard some people say they think it could creep into the 50's but I don't have a good read on it.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:54 PM
SOA

Quote:
I feel around 80% sure I have passed just because my extremely conservative score is around 58 (I gave myself 14 MC and only around 50% of WA) when, in fact, I think I did much much better than that. I am sure of 18 of the MC and only skipped around 8 points in the WA

My average estimate is 65 and liberal is at 73, which still has even some conservatism on it as I gave myself only 16 points in the WC and deducted a few points off the items I am sure of just in case I made silly errors.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:17 PM
SOA

Quote:
Thanks for the response, and good work! How do you think the pass mark will be compared to the last sitting? I've heard some people say they think it could creep into the 50's but I don't have a good read on it.
I would guess that it does creep into the 50ís. The pass rate last time was around 64 last time, and I felt this exam was significantly harder. Also, many people stuck on LTAM passed last time so the candidate field is probably generally weaker
Old 10-30-2019, 01:44 PM
SOA

Studying for LTAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetIt View Post
I would guess that it does creep into the 50ís. The pass rate last time was around 64 last time, and I felt this exam was significantly harder. Also, many people stuck on LTAM passed last time so the candidate field is probably generally weaker
This is what I like to hear

You said you got a 5 last time (I'm assuming you meant spring 2019), do you know what your score was? I thought they give you a breakdown of points if you don't pass?
APC
Old 10-30-2019, 03:22 PM
CAS

Quote:
We are in the same boat. I hope the pass score will be lower.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aactuary92 View Post

You said you got a 5 last time (I'm assuming you meant spring 2019), do you know what your score was? I thought they give you a breakdown of points if you don't pass?

I got a around 60 and grade5 in spring exam. When I took a spring exam, I had done multiple answer in thirty minute flat with 17/20. But in this time, it took 70-80 minute for multiple exam, It is more harder and complicate than spring exam.
In this time, I got a 32 in multiple exam and 30-35 in written answer in fall. I really hope that the passing score will be lower than previous..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2019, 08:27 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aactuary92 View Post

They give you a general score of how you did on each WA problem, but they don't tell you how you did on the MC. I'd guess I got a 55.

Tags
nimpo fsa no jutsu.