Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 12-01-2012, 02:42 PM
SOA

Studying for the rest of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
1) Tree climbing is awesome.

2) Desyncing for not skinning an animal complaint gets one of these --> , since the game is just teaching you something you can do in the game.

3) I don't understand your last "complaint..." I hit a bunch of non-military characters when I joined the Boston Brawlers
1) Completely agree. Enjoying the game much more with Connor (turns out I was one mission away when I complained yesterday). He does have the personality of a turnip but I think that's because people expect native Americans to be stoic (and maybe they were)

2) I think there are ways to teach the gamer a lesson without desynching you. It takes forever and is really annoying. I've never been desynched for this particular reason but I am seeing the loading screen far more often than any other AC game. They used to let you fail certain missions without it. Then you just go back to the starting point and try again. (with the option to do something else!!!) Now, it seems like you just desynch and are forced to complete the mission before you can move on.

**** Juan.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleDot View Post
2) I think there are ways to teach the gamer a lesson without desynching you. It takes forever and is really annoying. I've never been desynched for this particular reason but I am seeing the loading screen far more often than any other AC game. They used to let you fail certain missions without it. Then you just go back to the starting point and try again. (with the option to do something else!!!) Now, it seems like you just desynch and are forced to complete the mission before you can move on.
It didn't really feel like that to me. I actually thought the game was better with checkpoints, so you didn't have to re-do so much when you did desynch.

There are some bullshit annoying as fk chase sequences during the end of the game. If there's one thing I wish AC series could eliminate, it's chase sequences (especially when climb and run are the same damned button...ugh).
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Studying for nication

Just saw the GTA V trailer, looks amazing, can't wait, also can't believe current generation of consoles (esp PS III) will actually be able to handle it.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:47 PM
SOA

Studying for the rest of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
(especially when climb and run are the same damned button...ugh).
Yeah, removing the need to push A to climb really reduced the illusion of skill needed.

**** Juan.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 AM

Played about the first 90 minutes of Borderlands 2. I'm not sure I am going to be able to finish it. Nowadays I really need a good story to get me through a game. Although I'm sure it would be better if I was playing co-op instead of just single player.

I'll revisit it again and see how I feel.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

You probably didn't need me to tell you guys this, but Mark of the Ninja is amazing. hanging corpses from the rafters to freak out other guards so you can sneak up on them and murder them might be one of my favorite things I've ever done in a stealth game.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM

Fall of cybertron was really awesome. They use a lot of the voices from the bad guys in the batman Arkham game. This was the most fun I had playing a game in a long time.

I wish they had some other mode so that I could use the other characters or DLC. You can only do that in multiplayer modes.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:21 PM

I just started the final mission in Mass Effect 3 (at least I think I did). Shepard was terribly written in this game and even fully paragon, he's a huge jerk. The game has had some good moments though.

I've heard that Bioware was asking fans if ME4 should be a sequel or a prequel. My vote would be prequel, because there are so many wars that could be explored. However, if it's a sequel, you should be able to import your ME3 info and if your romantic interest is compatible, you play as the child of Shepard and his/her romantic interest.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Lead Guitarist
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: Avery Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I just started the final mission in Mass Effect 3 (at least I think I did). Shepard was terribly written in this game and even fully paragon, he's a huge jerk. The game has had some good moments though.

I've heard that Bioware was asking fans if ME4 should be a sequel or a prequel. My vote would be prequel, because there are so many wars that could be explored. However, if it's a sequel, you should be able to import your ME3 info and if your romantic interest is compatible, you play as the child of Shepard and his/her romantic interest.
Interesting. I never took anything that Shepard did in 3 as being a jerk. It just had the feeling of "doom and gloom is on our doorstep and stuff needs to be done." The part that bothered me about the dialog is it seemed like it was on auto-pilot compared to ME1 and ME2. There were a lot of places where Shepard would just say something where you feel like you should have a choice of what to say. But I definitely agree that there were large chunks of dialog that were poorly written.

I can't even believe they have already started on ME4. It'll come out late 2013 even though it was super rushed, not completely finished, and not even close to polished; a major game glitch will keep half of the buyers from importing their games; and a day 1 DLC will be made available for $25. I hate EA.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 PM

I really hope it is a prequel if they do make another game. The ending to ME3 was truly horrific.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one