Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:55 AM
SOA

Also, still playing League of Legends frequently. Now a level 30, which is where it is capped and also where you unlock ranked gameplay. Haven't tried ranked matches yet but plan to soon.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Stopped into Gamestop the other day to look at prices for Team Fortress 2 cause my dad plays it (even though it is TERRIBLE for Xbox 360). Can only get it through Orange Box which is still >$25. Skipped on that, ended up getting Fight Night Championship while there though. Beat the story in 6 hours (extremely short). It had decent reviews based on my super quick google search in the store, but maybe that was for online. Will look at it later. Very unfulfilling story mode.
Why don't you like the 360 version? I enjoy it.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:05 PM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...net-connection

So, the disc for Forza 5 (Xbone launch title) will contain about half of the game. You have to go online and download the other half.

I can only picture that this meeting with M$ execs took place.

Exec #1: The community is complaining that the Xbox One is online only.
Exec #2: I've got it! We make it so it doesn't HAVE to be connected to the internet. However, in order to play the games, they must go online and download half of the content!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:35 PM
CAS AAA

So I bought the Bioshock collection (Bioshock I and II) for $9.99. I haven't played it yet, but wondering what everyone thinks of these games? They are pretty highly rated by critics. I wanted to go with Fallout 3 but didn't want to deal with Win 7 headaches.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 PM
CAS SOA

Studying for Exam 5

Bioshock 2 is essentially an expansion pack for Bioshock 1, its goodtimes, but don't expect anything groundbreaking.

Bioshock, I loved the game thoroughly, it was short, but worth all the minutes spent on it. I had to play on a harder difficulty because unless you're managing ammo and money, the game gets super trivial.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReserveRage View Post
So I bought the Bioshock collection (Bioshock I and II) for $9.99. I haven't played it yet, but wondering what everyone thinks of these games? They are pretty highly rated by critics. I wanted to go with Fallout 3 but didn't want to deal with Win 7 headaches.
I think the first one was the one of the best games I've played.

The second one was the industry's typical "Hey the first one sold really well, lets crap out a sequel."
Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: the one you're buying me

I stared Bioshock 1 a little while ago. But then I got Skyrim and dropped it for now.

i was really enjoying it. I'm midway through Chapter 2.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Why don't you like the 360 version? I enjoy it.
TBH I have hardly played it. Mainly watched my dad occasionally when home.

My understanding is that 360 version hasn't been well supported/updated by the makers, the hosting system can be frustrating because it is based on an individual user running the lobby, the 360 version has not gotten additional classes/content like the PC version has. All in all, I deemed it not worth >$25 bucks to play since I won't be playing Portal again or HalfLife2 which comes with the Orange Box. If I could get TF2 by itself over Xbox Live Arcade for like 10 bucks, then I might have done it.

I used to play the original TF on PC a lot. Good memories of that game and the map "2Fort" IIRC.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReserveRage View Post
The original Bioshock is excellent. I wasn't too impressed with Bioshock 2 - similar gameplay and graphics with a vastly inferior story.

However, Bioshock Infinite is also excellent if you ever get around to playing that. Similar gameplay, better graphics and another good story.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
TBH I have hardly played it. Mainly watched my dad occasionally when home.

My understanding is that 360 version hasn't been well supported/updated by the makers, the hosting system can be frustrating because it is based on an individual user running the lobby, the 360 version has not gotten additional classes/content like the PC version has. All in all, I deemed it not worth >$25 bucks to play since I won't be playing Portal again or HalfLife2 which comes with the Orange Box. If I could get TF2 by itself over Xbox Live Arcade for like 10 bucks, then I might have done it.

I used to play the original TF on PC a lot. Good memories of that game and the map "2Fort" IIRC.
Check craigslist. I got The Orange Box for $8

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one