Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when new jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:11 PM
SOA

I think I have access to that Deus Ex via PS+'s instant game collection. Unfortunately, it's probably something I won't get to...
Old 06-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Chief Semiotician, Retired
CAS

Favorite beer: Beer is for closers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Instead of going out and buying a Wii U yesterday, my wife pulled out the Wii and hooked it up so we could play some MK. I think the idea backfired...because we had so much fun, that I think the itch to get the new one has grown stronger...
Do you have a nice big HDTV? 'Cause the graphics really are fantastic by comparison.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I feel like I'm a sucker for Ubisoft's open world format. Because Watch Dogs is really the 3rd game series where the general gameplay is similar (the other two being Assassins Creed and Far Cry).

Mostly stealth combat. Climb/hack viewpoints/radio towers/ctOS tower to open up map. Tons of collectibles and side missions/games.

The games are all so similar...yet different enough where I don't feel bored playing all of them. We'll see how I feel at the end of 2014, where I will have likely played a game in each series. Maybe then fatigue will set in...
I have AC4 to play through. I've got a coupon to use by the end of June for 20% off a pre-owned game at Gamestop (really 30% with my membership thing). I'm debating between Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein. I think I'm leaning Wolfenstein just because I have AC4, and Watch Dogs is looking/feeling like Assassin's Creed 2025 or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifthat View Post
I'm having a fun time playing the first Mass Effect. It's been three or four years since I last played it, and it's pretty refreshing. It definitely gives me more of an RPG-vibe than ME2 and ME3.
Agreed. They really turned down the RPG stuff in ME2 & 3. ME1 is still my favorite of the series and it isn't close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Grumby View Post
We've been playing MK8 all day. The HD graphics and new tracks are really remarkable, and I can see this will take a while before we get tired of it. My only complaint is that they didn't find a way to introduce the game console and a fifth player...I kind of thought that was a main point of the Wii U.
Mario Kart 8 is great. I'm glad they fixed my biggest gripe with Mario Kart Wii, which was that Grand Prixs could only be played single player. With MK8, I've been playing and unlocking characters and stuff with my wife. So much better than having to trade off. However, they decided to give a coin powerup. Whoever had that idea can go commit seppuku, because they have brought a great dishonor on their family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiepie View Post
I'm playing through my first ever stealth and hack game now-- Deus Ex/human revolution.
That game was fun. A little overcriticized, IMO.
Quote:
Do you have a nice big HDTV? 'Cause the graphics really are fantastic by comparison.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:37 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Batch Brewing

Ordered a PS4 camera.

Optimistic - Hope to import Japanese games (or buy on PSN) and be able to stream them. Also, a mic that I don't have to wear for online gaming?
Realistic - Maybe I'll do the Kinect thing and try to say "Playstation, play bluray"

Maybe it'll be a good second camera for Skype / recording other random stuff. I use my PS3 camera (plugged into PC) for Skype. It's got great video quality, actually.

Yeah, I just like gadgets
Old 06-04-2014, 12:27 PM
SOA

Quote:
I have an awesome HDTV...*gulp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Mario Kart 8 is great. I'm glad they fixed my biggest gripe with Mario Kart Wii, which was that Grand Prixs could only be played single player. With MK8, I've been playing and unlocking characters and stuff with my wife. So much better than having to trade off. However, they decided to give a coin powerup. Whoever had that idea can go commit seppuku, because they have brought a great dishonor on their family.
Must...resist...Wii...U...purchase...
Old 06-04-2014, 12:28 PM
SOA

For *some reason*, Sony has made Uncharted 3 free for all North American PSN users...without needing PS+.

I'm guessing (hoping) it's a precursor to big Uncharted PS4 news at E3 next week.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:52 PM
CAS

Quote:
Wii U is dead already, man

Actually there's an argument for it having the best lineup '13-'14. I can't make it, because I don't pay attention to Nintendo anymore, but I've heard it from several people online, so it's gotta be true!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM
CAS

Quote:
For *some reason*, Sony has made Uncharted 3 free for all North American PSN users...without needing PS+.

I'm guessing (hoping) it's a precursor to big Uncharted PS4 news at E3 next week.
Well I'm sure they'll mention it either way. Looking forward to more game announcements
Old 06-04-2014, 02:19 PM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
I have an awesome HDTV...*gulp*

resistance is futile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3usxOu-yk
Old 06-04-2014, 03:03 PM
SOA

Yeah - I'm picking up a Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle at some point over the next week.

Can't resist.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one