Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 06-04-2014, 03:04 PM
SOA

Sad thing is that this will be my first "next gen" console puchase of this generation.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 PM
James Washer / Notes Contributor
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is my Alt View Post
Yeah - I'm picking up a Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle at some point over the next week.

Can't resist.
There are two other games that are great on the Wii U imo. Zelda Wind Waker (didn't play it on the original release) and Super Mario 3D World. The later is a great game to play with up to 4 people.

We help people pass actuarial exams.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Gambler View Post
There are two other games that are great on the Wii U imo. Zelda Wind Waker (didn't play it on the original release) and Super Mario 3D World. The later is a great game to play with up to 4 people.
Thanks - I think the Mario Kart 8 Bundle comes with a free game (of a limited selection) if you register before a certain date. I was thinking about choosing Wind Waker HD since it is on the list and I never played the original
Old 06-04-2014, 03:48 PM
CAS

Studying for ever no more
Favorite beer: Ommegang

Quote:
Thanks - I think the Mario Kart 8 Bundle comes with a free game (of a limited selection) if you register before a certain date. I was thinking about choosing Wind Waker HD since it is on the list and I never played the original
Super Mario Brothers U made that list too....must not buy...have plenty of games to play.

It's so easy to justify as something to play when friends come over, drinking mario kart is so fun.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:51 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Batch Brewing

The one game I'm jealous for is Bayonetta 2
Old 06-04-2014, 04:03 PM
SOA

Quote:
I would go with Wind Waker HD over Super Mario Brothers U. Multiplayer on Super Mario Brothers U is horrible. The game is fun, but very similar to previous versions of Super Mario Brothers. We regularly play 4 players on Super Mario Brothers U. Only downside is that it does make the levels easier because everyone has to die at the same time (or run out of lives) before you have to restart the level.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Any purchase of Mario Kart 8 comes with a free game as long as you register it at club nintendo by the end of June or July (forget which).
Quote:
I would go with Wind Waker HD over Super Mario Brothers U. Multiplayer on Super Mario Brothers U is horrible. The game is fun, but very similar to previous versions of Super Mario Brothers. We regularly play 4 players on Super Mario Brothers U. Only downside is that it does make the levels easier because everyone has to die at the same time (or run out of lives) before you have to restart the level.
Agreed
Old 06-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Chief Semiotician, Retired
CAS

Favorite beer: Beer is for closers

Quote:
This is true. There's really not much U in it.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:58 PM
SOA

Sorry I meant to say we regularly play 4 players on 3d land. That is actually very fun on multiplayer (but as I said makes it easier to beat the levels).

Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 AM
CAS

Studying for yolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
This seems somewhat silly...though it seems people are excited. Do that many people have GC controllers lying around? And how much is that adapter gonna cost? I guess if you got controllers, it's worth it for instant 4-player action, but I feel like this device is for a small subset of WiiU owners...

it's really only for melee players. i don't think people will play smash 4 with Wii U controller (well besides casuals). actually i don't think people will play smash 4 seriously at all. the wii u still isn't hacked right? so it's not like there's going to be a project M. hopefully people learned their lesson with brawl.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one