Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 11-12-2018, 09:28 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Default iphone doesn't show up in Find my Friends

We have four iphone Xs in the family. A coupld of the phones aren't acting correctly in "Find My Friends" on one of the phones.

Let's name the phones:
Isi
Äiti
K1
K2

The phone Isi shows Äiti, K1, & K2 as it should. "Me" shows up as it should except it has the "icon" associated with Äiti.

The phone Äiti shows K1, K2, & "Me" as it should. Isi doesn't show up at all. Äiti shows up again.

I made sure that "Me" on each phone is logged in to their own account, and I'm pretty sure it is.

Does my explanation make sense? Do you know what's going on? ...how I fix it so that Isi shows up on Äiti's phone & "Me" on Isi's phone doesn't show Äiti's icon.

I'm wondering if maybe Isi isn't logged in to something correctly since it's showing up as Äiti.

Last edited by 1695814; 11-12-2018 at 09:44 PM..
Old 11-13-2018, 12:42 AM
SOA

Check the email addresses for the associated contacts. I had this issue before and had both email addresses on one account, which lead both of them to showing up as the same name in find my friends.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:17 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsGolden View Post
Check the email addresses for the associated contacts. I had this issue before and had both email addresses on one account, which lead both of them to showing up as the same name in find my friends.
Thanks for the idea...we did have different email addresses, but the address I had for myself was causing problems (it's used as a shared address for my wife and me & I think the appleid/itunes/whatever account somehow had it associated only with Äiti).

Anyway, I went in and changed the "Invitations...send as..." email address to my icloud address & that seems to have fixed the issue.

Tags
findmyfriends, iphone, iphone x