Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Fellowship Modules
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 04-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Default FSA Module Feedback

Is it possible to get feedback for a DNMMR FSA modules? If so, how do you request it?

Thanks!

Last edited by f@l1n3; 04-05-2015 at 04:38 PM..
Old 04-06-2015, 04:05 PM
SOA

I've never heard of anyone getting the feedback from DNMMR on the FSA Modules, but I could be wrong.

What I have heard is people contacting the SOA to discuss, and the SOA advised to take a look at the sample solution and compare it to their solution (they called it a gap analysis to analyze the gaps between the submitted paper and sample solution to see what was missing). Of course, the work still has to be your own and doesn't have to match the solution line by line, but it gives you an idea of what they were expecting and some of the key grading points. If you compare that and make corresponding changes to your DNMMR submission, I would think that would get you to the level to pass on your next submission. You'll need to check your actual calculations for accuracy, your methods, your justifications and make sure it is expressed clearly and succinctly.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:19 PM

Thanks, DBactuary, for the respond.
I logged into elearn.soa.org yesterday and it said my FSA module is Incomplete and I am getting the screen to resubmit my assignment. But I never got an email stating I'm DNMMR. Do I assumed I didn't pass or could it be a glitch that my paper didn't get submitted to begin with?

Last edited by f@l1n3; 04-06-2015 at 11:55 PM..
Old 04-07-2015, 09:20 AM
SOA

The FSA modules show up as "Pending Grading" in the eLearn system is they have been submitted and are still awaiting the grade. If you pass, it then changed to say "Completed."

If it says Incomplete, then I do think that probably means you got a DNMMR. I would wait a day or two to verify, since it should then show up on your transcript. At that point, you'll know for sure if you need to redo the project. My guess is that you unfortunately will have to do that.