Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 1-5
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 10-08-2018, 04:35 PM
SOA

College: Baruch College, 2017; Auburn University, 2008

I know that this is an old thread, but hope that I'm not the only one working on this right now.

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on using gender as an input for task 2? It doesn't affect the DB portion, but the annuity factors are broken down by gender. It seems from the threads that most folks are trying to solve for just one formula that will apply to (almost) everyone. Given the different prices for annuities, though, male and female replacement ratios will be different, all else being equal.

Has anyone else considered giving more formulas that take that into account?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:08 PM
SOA

Studying for MLC
College: Vanderbilt Alum
Favorite beer: Lucky Bucket IPA

I'm working on EOM 3 and had a similar question to a previous poster. Several combos of up to CPP and above CPP yield 70%. I know we're limited to the "up to CPP" being no lower than 7 percentage points below the "above CPP" amount (for example, up to CPP can be 11%, but above CPP can be no higher than 18%). What about the other way around? Could have the "up to CPP" be 7 percentage points higher than the "above CPP" amount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonniemarko View Post
I know that this is an old thread, but hope that I'm not the only one working on this right now.

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on using gender as an input for task 2? It doesn't affect the DB portion, but the annuity factors are broken down by gender. It seems from the threads that most folks are trying to solve for just one formula that will apply to (almost) everyone. Given the different prices for annuities, though, male and female replacement ratios will be different, all else being equal.

Has anyone else considered giving more formulas that take that into account?

FAP: 1 2 3 4 5 IA 6 7 8 FA
APC
Old 05-09-2019, 03:11 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for LTAM
College: University of Wisconsin-River Falls
Default So Confused

I thought I knew what I was doing but after reading everyone else's responses I think I am completely lost.

I don't get different values for cells F12 and F15 on the 'Results' tab when I plug in the 50,000/100,000/200,000 values in the inputs... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I am not understanding for these tasks.

For task 1, all I tweaked was the input in cell G18 and for task 2 all I tweaked was the input in cell G21.

Can anyone give advice on this?

VEE

Modules 1-5, IA
Modules 6-8, FA

APC
Old 05-09-2019, 03:21 PM
SOA

Studying for MLC

You need to input the salary for each EE. For task 1, the DB rates are already populated and don't need any adjustment. You should get different %'s in F12 of the Results tab if you use different salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chable View Post
I thought I knew what I was doing but after reading everyone else's responses I think I am completely lost.

I don't get different values for cells F12 and F15 on the 'Results' tab when I plug in the 50,000/100,000/200,000 values in the inputs... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I am not understanding for these tasks.

For task 1, all I tweaked was the input in cell G18 and for task 2 all I tweaked was the input in cell G21.

Can anyone give advice on this?

APC
Old 05-13-2019, 01:59 PM
SOA

College: University of Colorado

This might seem like a silly question but do we have to include Tasks 1-4 in the memo? It seems like they are intended to help us figure out how to use the spreadsheets and formulas but the ultimate deliverable is the memo, which is mostly tied to Task 7.

Thoughts?
ERM Module
APC
Old 05-13-2019, 03:33 PM
SOA

Studying for MLC

Probably not in the memo as such, but I plan to include mine separately.

APC

Tags
eom3