Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > VEE > Statistics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-31-2018, 10:12 AM
Non-Actuary

College: UMass Amherst
Favorite beer: Paper City Dam Ale

There was a HUGE crush to beat the 4/27 deadline for ASA/CERA designations. Now the pressure is on to get AS, TS and RA done before July 1. I imagine they are quite busy over at the SOA. Generally 2-4 weeks to process, but at this time it's probably more like 6-8 weeks due to high volume. Your patience will be rewarded.

Click to view our Actuarial eLearning Offerings:
Webinars | Exam Prep | VEE Courses
Old 06-15-2018, 10:05 AM
SOA

College: Going to school for axe throwing
Favorite beer: Blue Point No Apologies Double IPA

Mine was submitted through Coaching Actuaries on March 22 and it's still not appearing on my transcript. Is this the type of thing where it's okay since it was submitted before June 30, even if it takes until after June 30 to show up on my transcript?
Old 06-19-2018, 12:24 PM
Non-Actuary

College: UMass Amherst
Favorite beer: Paper City Dam Ale
Lightbulb The July 1 SOA Deadline for Applied Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroSpecter View Post
Mine was submitted through Coaching Actuaries on March 22 and it's still not appearing on my transcript. Is this the type of thing where it's okay since it was submitted before June 30, even if it takes until after June 30 to show up on my transcript?
The SOA deadline only applies to the "completion date" of the course. This is the date you completed the final exam, not the date you get your final grade. You simply MUST complete your Applied Statistics, Time Series or Regression Analysis course BEFORE July 1, 2018.

The SOA will continue to accept passing grades of B- or better even after July 1 if the completion date is June 30 or earlier. Once the SOA accepts your passing grade, you may apply for VEE credit from the SOA in perpetuity. The accepted grade never expires.

I hope that makes it clear, but if you have any questions I'm happy to be of service. Alan

Click to view our Actuarial eLearning Offerings:
Webinars | Exam Prep | VEE Courses
Old 06-21-2018, 10:37 AM
SOA

College: Going to school for axe throwing
Favorite beer: Blue Point No Apologies Double IPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.Actex View Post
The SOA deadline only applies to the "completion date" of the course. This is the date you completed the final exam, not the date you get your final grade. You simply MUST complete your Applied Statistics, Time Series or Regression Analysis course BEFORE July 1, 2018.

The SOA will continue to accept passing grades of B- or better even after July 1 if the completion date is June 30 or earlier. Once the SOA accepts your passing grade, you may apply for VEE credit from the SOA in perpetuity. The accepted grade never expires.

I hope that makes it clear, but if you have any questions I'm happy to be of service. Alan
Thank you! This is what I had been wondering. This clears things up.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:35 PM
SOA

So I applied for my AS and Fin VEE's last year (May '17) and got an email with my order confirmation, so I figured I was all set (took these classes in college). I didn't realize they were supposed to show up on my transcript, and they never did. Now I'm guessing SOA never got my college transcript and is just sitting on my payment waiting for proof of completion.

What method did you guys use for sending university transcript to SOA? I can go to the university website and pay a few dollars to request one, but they give an option for digital PDF vs hard copy mailed. Does either one work, and where did you actually send it to? Can't find those details on soa website anywhere...
Old 07-26-2018, 11:33 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPim View Post
So I applied for my AS and Fin VEE's last year (May '17) and got an email with my order confirmation, so I figured I was all set (took these classes in college). I didn't realize they were supposed to show up on my transcript, and they never did. Now I'm guessing SOA never got my college transcript and is just sitting on my payment waiting for proof of completion.
Ended up requesting a new physical copy of my transcript from my university and had it sent to the SOA address. Had to call them yesterday since it had been a while and Roxana put me on hold for a couple minutes, found my transcript, and applied my credits. Once I mentioned that I wanted to shell out $1125 for PA modules but couldn't yet, they were pretty ready to help out.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:53 PM
SOA

Studying for PA

Quote:
Ended up requesting a new physical copy of my transcript from my university and had it sent to the SOA address. Had to call them yesterday since it had been a while and Roxana put me on hold for a couple minutes, found my transcript, and applied my credits. Once I mentioned that I wanted to shell out $1125 for PA modules but couldn't yet, they were pretty ready to help out.
Did this on Friday too and it was processed immediately.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:45 PM
CAS SOA

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoaminoneofyourbusiness View Post
Did this on Friday too and it was processed immediately.
What number did you guys call?
Old 08-09-2018, 01:27 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
What number did you guys call?
I called the customer service number (1-888-697-3900), followed the prompts for questions about exams or something like that. I eventually got transferred to Roxana, who is in charge of VEE's, so maybe you can ask for her directly.