Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Careers - Employment
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetist View Post
One-word company name.
Colonial. Anyway I’ve recently seeen an EL posting for a major health insurer that said their interviewing process involves the candidate looking a 23 page technical document (over the course of a week I presume) and participates in a “1-2 hour phone call or in-person interview where the candidate walks the interviewers through their understanding of the document“.

Wtf I thought this was supposed to be a chill gig where I don’t have to do anything
Old 06-13-2018, 12:58 PM
CAS

Studying for the credential

Quote:
Originally Posted by royevans View Post
Colonial. Anyway I’ve recently seeen an EL posting for a major health insurer that said their interviewing process involves the candidate looking a 23 page technical document (over the course of a week I presume) and participates in a “1-2 hour phone call or in-person interview where the candidate walks the interviewers through their understanding of the document“.

Wtf I thought this was supposed to be a chill gig where I don’t have to do anything
If you pass the rigorous interview process, you can join their elite club with "chill work environment" until retirement.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:59 PM
CAS

Studying for the credential

I'm contacted by recruiters who want to forward my resume to positions that have many many years of more required work experience than what I currently have.
What are they thinking?

Last edited by ronaldy27; 06-13-2018 at 03:54 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 03:50 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by royevans View Post
Colonial. Anyway Iíve recently seeen an EL posting for a major health insurer that said their interviewing process involves the candidate looking a 23 page technical document (over the course of a week I presume) and participates in a ď1-2 hour phone call or in-person interview where the candidate walks the interviewers through their understanding of the documentď.

Wtf I thought this was supposed to be a chill gig where I donít have to do anything
You have a week to read 23 pages, followed have a 1-2 hour meeting to discuss it with others. That sounds pretty chill and not too taxing of a work schedule.