Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > CAS > CAS Exams - General
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 07-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpyshrimp View Post
The Executive Council meeting teleconference was on 9th. Should we expect the approval email or update on the profile soon?
If all your application materials were in, you should have gotten an e-mail addressing pending candidates with the date of meeting and also another e-mail congratulating you after the meeting. My profile was updated on the 9th with ACAS status and also got an e-mail saying that I can use the title right away.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:58 PM
CAS

gz
Old 07-11-2019, 05:11 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicacha View Post
If all your application materials were in, you should have gotten an e-mail addressing pending candidates with the date of meeting and also another e-mail congratulating you after the meeting. My profile was updated on the 9th with ACAS status and also got an e-mail saying that I can use the title right away.
that's weird. all my documents including ref letters were sent out by 6.29. I sent an email to Danelle Gee asking if she received them all but haven't got any response yet...
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpyshrimp View Post
that's weird. all my documents including ref letters were sent out by 6.29. I sent an email to Danelle Gee asking if she received them all but haven't got any response yet...
All your materials need to be submitted 2 weeks prior to the Executive Council meeting according to https://www.casact.org/membership/jo...a=casnewmember (June 25). So your application will probably be processed during the August meeting. FWIW I received neither the application confirmation nor the congratulations email but saw my designation status update in my online profile. When I emailed CAS to ask about my status, I was told that there were some issues with CAS emails failing to deliver to Gmail accounts.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:11 PM
CAS

I got my approval on the 9th as well, my application was sent in the day after results were posted
Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycow View Post
All your materials need to be submitted 2 weeks prior to the Executive Council meeting according to https://www.casact.org/membership/jo...a=casnewmember (June 25). So your application will probably be processed during the August meeting. FWIW I received neither the application confirmation nor the congratulations email but saw my designation status update in my online profile. When I emailed CAS to ask about my status, I was told that there were some issues with CAS emails failing to deliver to Gmail accounts.
Yeah that's what I thought - I sent out after 6/25. I was worried that they didn't find the ref letter to match my application because one of the letters was sent through mail rather than email.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:25 AM
CAS

Studying for the heck of it

Questions:

- To get ACAS do you *have to* attend a spring/annual meeting to be recognized? or just getting through the application would be enough? I understand there are great benefits to attending the meetings if not only just to meet your fellow actuaries, and I'd love to attend one, but we may not have the budget here.

- When/Where is the 2020 spring meeting? or more generally, is there a "future events" section on CAS site? I couldn't seem to find it

- When do you start to pay ACAS dues? For the first year do you pay a prorated part?
Old 07-18-2019, 11:32 AM
CAS

Favorite beer: Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadsura View Post
Questions:

- To get ACAS do you *have to* attend a spring/annual meeting to be recognized? or just getting through the application would be enough? I understand there are great benefits to attending the meetings if not only just to meet your fellow actuaries, and I'd love to attend one, but we may not have the budget here.

- When/Where is the 2020 spring meeting? or more generally, is there a "future events" section on CAS site? I couldn't seem to find it

- When do you start to pay ACAS dues? For the first year do you pay a prorated part?
I received an email from CAS saying that I could use my ACAS letters in July. The annual meeting to be formally recognized as ACAS was in November. I was able to attend, so that was nice. If I wasn't able to attend, it would not have changed the fact that I had been told in writing that I was an ACAS before the meeting.

CAS website, click on Calendar, scroll to 2020 and find the Spring meeting. It is in Chicago. Link attached:
https://www.casact.org/calendar/inde...ntView&id=1792

Under My Profile of CAS, there is a My Transactions tab. There is a link there for Open Invoices. When its time to pay my dues a link pops up in there, and I pay it. I think I get an email notification to remind me, but I check every month or two just in case.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:03 PM
CAS

Studying for the heck of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafet View Post
I received an email from CAS saying that I could use my ACAS letters in July. The annual meeting to be formally recognized as ACAS was in November. I was able to attend, so that was nice. If I wasn't able to attend, it would not have changed the fact that I had been told in writing that I was an ACAS before the meeting.

CAS website, click on Calendar, scroll to 2020 and find the Spring meeting. It is in Chicago. Link attached:
https://www.casact.org/calendar/inde...ntView&id=1792

Under My Profile of CAS, there is a My Transactions tab. There is a link there for Open Invoices. When its time to pay my dues a link pops up in there, and I pay it. I think I get an email notification to remind me, but I check every month or two just in case.
Thanks for the insights. Chicago is next block down the street for me, so won't as exciting as Hawaii but also won't be as expensive. May be able to attend then
Old 07-25-2019, 12:37 AM
CAS SOA

College: Baruch College of CUNY

Has anyone heard from Dannelle Gee from CAS?
I emailed her twice since last week but she has not been responsive.