Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > TV Shows, Movies, Books, etc
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Life, Health & Pension

Health Actuary Jobs
Insurance & Consulting jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Actuarial Recruitment
Visit DW Simpson's website for more info.
www.dwsimpson.com/about

Casualty Jobs
Property & Casualty jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Old 09-24-2019, 01:17 PM

Studying for CAS ∞

I still watch and enjoy the show. Not the biggest fan of the second half of season 5; it's felt disjointed as characters seemed appear or not in certain episodes seemingly at random. Also, Virginia and her band seem just way too similar to Neagan and the Saviors.

On the plus side, I have enjoyed seeing Dwight's redemption, the return of Daniel and the addition of Peter Jacobson to the cast.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:12 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Homebrew

i can see the comparisons of Virginia's group to Negan's but her group seems better. Negan's group was a dictatorship with a bunch of murders and thieves in the hierarchy. we haven't seen enough of Virginia's group, it also seems like a dictatorship, but it sounds like its built more on people that can do stuff survive and people that are worthless they just kill or let go. they are ruthless but just towards people that can't be helpful. this past episode shows that in her statement towards Morgan going out of the way to try and help Grace. it caused them to be on that back road with a crappy bridge.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:20 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Homebrew

here's what's stupid to me. their math on gas is just horrible. now let's assume for a second because of their method of cooking it causes it to burn faster or something. Let's say at most they get 10 miles per gallon. This past episode they said they had 500 gallons left. They only had roughly 20 cars. They needed to go 50 miles to get to the place they were thinking of trying to settle down. why the hell didn't they just fill up the cars with all that gas?

Also, why did they all go out of the way to help Grace? why didn't just a few of them? that whole premise seemed dumb.

Oh and the fact they put all their hope in a spot that they hadn't seen. They seriously in hundreds of miles of travel not found one town or one single place that would have been reasonable for their group? It wasn't even that big of a group, those last shots when they are all walking, it was like 40 people. shit, i would have settle the first town that i found with a decent water source.

oh, and their immediate call to Virginia upon seeing that place overran. i guess maybe because they were out of food? I think i would have at least taken the night, rested, see if they could have killed an animal or something for dinner. then possible tried clearing that place of zombies before making the call. sure it was a lot, i'm somewhat tempted to think Virginia and company put them there, because it seemed like more than you would expect to try and hole up in that little shanty town.

i could probably go on for pages about issues. but not too many people paying much attention, so i'd just be talking to myself.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:16 PM

Studying for CAS ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by tometom View Post
oh, and their immediate call to Virginia upon seeing that place overran. i guess maybe because they were out of food? I think i would have at least taken the night, rested, see if they could have killed an animal or something for dinner. then possible tried clearing that place of zombies before making the call. sure it was a lot, i'm somewhat tempted to think Virginia and company put them there, because it seemed like more than you would expect to try and hole up in that little shanty town.

i could probably go on for pages about issues. but not too many people paying much attention, so i'd just be talking to myself.
Yeah, I thought the immediate call was ridiculous as well, but I guess it all depends on the food/water situation at that given time.

I mostly enjoyed the season finale. I'm guessing that Morgan will survive somehow, one way or another. There have been rumors of Troy Otto or even Madison Clark returning. Or maybe a helicopter will show up? It would be hard to see the show at this point without Morgan. He is the glue that holds the rest of the group together.